- The Grounded Events Company Ltd
- Brighton & Hove
- £28-35,000 dependant on experience
- Business Development, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
The Grounded Events Company is seeking a Communications Manager to join our small and dedicated team based in the centre of Brighton, a stone’s throw from the seafront.
The Communications Manager will write and project manage all e-communications for our mass participation events, Brighton Marathon Weekend, Brighton Trail Weekend and Ragnar Relay UK, as well as support in the development of our data strategy and building of our audiences.
You will be a skilled writer, with 3+ years experience in writing marketing and engagement content. We would like someone who can write effective marketing / sales copy to drive registrations and grow databases but that will also motivate, inspire and engage our audiences.
You will be excellent at meeting frequent deadlines and seamless project management is a must.
You will have a head for data strategy with the skills to understand what drives results / open rates / clicks, and how to analyse and present the stats. You will lead on email marketing campaign development, including audience segmentation, a/b testing, reporting, etc.
You will plan and project manage all e-comms schedules, which will also help shape the social media schedules. As such, you will collaborate with the Social Media Manager regularly.
Additionally, you will work with the Commercial Team to plan-in and deliver messaging for our sponsors and charity partners.
The successful candidate will also have opportunity to develop and improve the creative approach, working alongside the Artworker & Marketing Assistant to create inspiring and original assets and imagery to enhance your emails.
Experience writing engaging marketing and tactical content for running / sport will be considered advantageous. You don’t need to be a runner… but if you are, then all the better!
Our team enjoy great coffee from local roasters Back Yard Coffee from our much-loved Jura machine, a beer & wine fridge, plus a 4pm finish on Fridays. Team members can also have a gym membership or fitness class reimbursed as part of the perks. We have also been known to go on some awesome team trips away …
- SALARY: £28,000-£35,000 P.A. (dependent on experience)
- PENSION: Enrolment into our company pension scheme
- GYM MEMBERSHIP: Gym membership / equivalent fitness class reimbursed by the business
- CONTRACT TYPE: Full time (Monday-Friday - 09:00-17:30, including occasional overtime and event weekends) Hybrid working is available on Mondays
Please note: You must be prepared to work some occasional overtime, especially in the lead up to the event, including the event weekends to ensure effective delivery.
- Project management and planning of participant and community e-comms schedules for all events
- Support the Head of Brand and Marketing and Customer Service Team in the delivery of ecomms to drive traffic and registrations, provide essential information, increase engagement and raise broader awareness of our events.
- Writing, building and schedule emails within Marketing Cloud (experience of Marketing Cloud preferable but not essential)
- Exploration of new and innovative content, utilising a test-and-learn strategy, in order to continually optimise engagement and retention
- Utilisation of Salesforce (experience of Salesforce preferable but not essential) to understand the data and help develop strategy for marketing and awareness purposes
- Use activation, conversion, engagement and retention metrics to build analytical reports
- Collaboration with the Commercial and Marketing teams to offer innovative ideas for creative strategy
- Meeting of multiple deadlines on a daily and weekly basis, including sign off in-house and from third parties
- Working with the Commercial Team to deliver partner, sponsor, charity and stakeholder email content
- Working with third party content providers such as our road and trail running experts to support the participant journey
- General management and contribution of content for the event websites
- Collaboration with the Social Media Marketing Manager and Artworker & Marketing Assistant to inform social media content and creative assets that support the overall comms plan
- 3+ years of experience writing marketing and engaging emails to large audiences.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading communication/content skills, to ensure accuracy, spelling, grammar, style consistency, tone, flow, comprehension and format
- Meticulous organisation with strong working communication skills within a team
- An inherent understanding of how to communicate with different audiences and adopt brand voice
- Highly confident in managing multiple deadlines
- Proven track record for generating ideas and delivering editorial formats
- Proven copywriting ability, with an obsessive eye for detail, grammar, spelling and fluency in English
- Proficient use of full Microsoft Office package
- Ideally an understanding of Marketing Cloud or other email provider such as Mailchimp
- Experience in data strategy and utilizing customer data to develop and build audiences
- Ideally an understanding of Salesforce but training will be given
- Ideally an understanding of Wordpress and CMS websites
- A creative yet strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and reporting, turning data into insights and learnings
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment on multiple accounts
- Ideally a love of running and the culture that surrounds it - but not essential
- Proactivity, with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- A good team player with a sense of humour in challenging times
- The adoption of a tenacious attitude to getting work done when required
- Energy and a positive attitude to work year round
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, you must provide:
- An up-to-date C.V
- A concise cover letter detailing why you think you should be considered for this role and specifically why you want to work at Grounded Events Company
- Details on your current remuneration and / or salary expectation
- Names and contact details for two referees (referees will not be contacted until final interview stage)
Please note that applications without a relevant cover letter will not be considered for this role.
Please send this information across to Justine Hewitt at email@example.com
If we think you could be suitable for this role, we will be in contact no later than Monday 23rd August 2021. If you have not heard from us by this date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
We are ideally looking for someone to start in the role in early October.