If you’re looking to develop your career by growing a successful marketing business, join our award-winning team. We’re looking for an exceptional and ambitious Business Development Manager to take us to the next level of growth. We are leaders in the field of global thought leadership, working with some of the worlds smartest business brands on themes from sustainability to the future of work. We are looking for an exceptional person to help grow our business in sectors including Professional Services, Financial Services and Technology.
We are guided in everything we do as a business by our four values:
● Mean Business: A dog is a business specialist who keeps strategy central, takes ownership, is knowledgeable about marketing, communications and B2B and inspires clients and colleagues.
● Knock It Out Of The Park: A dog is ambitious and driven, creates work they are proud of, aims for achievable excellence and supports the pack by sharing constructive feedback.
● Break New Ground: A dog develops creative ideas with a strategic purpose, diagnoses and solves problems, turns assumptions on their head, embraces change, growth and innovation and thinks beyond PR.
● Part Of The Pack: A dog treats colleagues and clients with kindness, compassion and respect, goes the extra mile to support other dogs, works with the pack to find solutions, builds client partnerships, brings themselves to the party.
Your responsibilities - aligned to business pillars (and values above):
Reporting to the New Business Divisional Director, you will have overall responsibility for delivering a new business opportunity pipeline to enable us to meet our annual growth targets and supporting the senior leadership team (SLT) to effectively convert new business opportunities.
This will include:
- Responsibility for effective conversion of inbound leads.
- Proactive lead generation activities including proactive outbound campaigns, events, partnerships, networks etc.
- Responsibility for all new business-related processes and data – and the optimisation of these processes to improve efficiency, lead conversion etc.
- Responsibility for all new business-related materials including maintenance of up-to-date and effective template credentials, case studies and pitch deck templates, plus related outreach emails, one-pagers, creative outreach etc.
- Responsibility for supporting SLT with organic growth (where new business support is required).
- Good IT skills (Office 365 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), plus experience of newsletter creation, for example, using Mail Chimp.
- Good track record of using LinkedIn and social media, including creating engaging and professional content.
Client work and relationships / Knock it out of the park:
- Lead monthly growth meetings with SLT, principal consultants (PCs) and supporting team members. Agree and capture actions and hold team accountable for timely delivery.
- Work with the SLT and PCs to develop and deliver sector growth plans.
- Financial and capacity reporting – providing accurate and timely reporting on new business activity (e.g. outreach, pitches and proposals) and pipeline information to the Finance Team, to enable capacity planning (for new business activity and incoming work), new business pipeline visibility, budget tracking and profitability (i.e. client specific investment budget tracking). Accurate new business pipeline forecasting will be a key aspect of this.
- Accurate management of all data, CRM and prospects lists with GDPR compliance.
New business and innovation / Break new ground:
- Outreach: Lead “who, why and when?”, cold outreach by email, manage follow up across the team and track activity.
- Reactive: Triage incoming new business, and match leads to appropriate DDs.
- Support marketing to organise events / partnerships and to follow up with outreach. Develop themed outreach with marketing.
- Networking: Social media outreach and posting content on social media, capturing any leads for outreach.
- Pitching: Working with the Divisional Directors (DDs), you will manage and respond to RFIs and subsequent RFPs, project manage the pitch process and be a driving force in converting prospects and opportunities.
- Networking – mobilise team to attend regular relevant events and maximise ROI from our industry partnerships and membership organisations.
- Showcase agency at key industry events - drive prospect attendees, ROI and leads.
People and talent / Part of the pack:
- Line management – mentor, train, inspire and motivate the people you need to deliver results from across the team. Provide timely and constructive feedback, support and guidance using the Dog Development process.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing team to ensure that marketing and business development are aligned and working effectively together.
Business Management and processes / Mean business:
- Develop and execute business development strategy and plan in line with organisation strategy and growth targets.
- Manage all aspects of the business development lifecycle, from initial engagement to contract negotiation (with assistance from MD and SLT).
- Proactively manage inbound and outbound lead generation activity.
- Build and maintain a network of new business contacts and CRM database.
- Responsibility for all new business-related materials: develop and maintain up-to-date and effective new business materials and assets including template credentials, case studies and pitch deck templates, outreach emails, proposal documents, one-pagers, creative outreach materials etc.
- End-to-end management of RFI, RFP and business winning pitch process.
- Working with the team, provide quality research to support new business meetings.
- Proven experience in a business development (but not purely sales), or similar role building senior relationships with large global companies. Experience building relationships with senior marketing / comms decision-makers would be an advantage.
- Experience with marketing software such as marketing automation platforms, social media management and monitoring tools, website, and SEO analytics.
- Extensive lead generation experience working across key data and martech platforms. Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Suite would also be valued.
- An excellent track record in converting leads.
- The following more specific experience would also be valuable but not essential:
- Experience engaging with senior clients in B2B technology, professional and financial services organisations. Experience in sustainability, future of work, global trade would also be of interest.
- Experience of solution / consultative selling on behalf of marketing communications agencies or other services organisations (such as management consultancies).
- Experience working within a small or mid-sized entrepreneurial business to engage with large customers.
- An outstanding communicator - written, verbal and presentation - with excellent attention to detail.
- A polished, professional and charismatic individual adept in building senior relationships and networks.
- Goal-orientated with proven experience in delivering results.
- Highly organised individual able to weave seamlessly between priorities.
- A skilled negotiator with a keen commercial mindset – first-rate financial reporting and commercial pricing experience would be an advantage.
- An unflappable operator and problem solver capable of juggling multiple responsibilities.
- A creative operator who can craft compelling propositions to meet client needs.
- Able to work autonomously but also an inspiring leader who can work across teams to help them and the organisation to maximise potential.
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org