We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our F1 team in Hove. The role is a part of the engineering and operations team and is critical to the success of systems used by F1 race teams at every event on the calendar.
As an Engineer, you’ll be bringing the vision to life, helping develop video and data streaming services that are built into the fabric of F1 and make a difference on race day.
Like everything in F1, this is a fast-paced and dynamic role. You’ll work closely with other highly motivated and demanding developers who understand that if you’re standing still, you’re going backwards.
It can be hard, it can be intense and it can involve weekend working. It’s also good fun, interesting and occasionally exhilarating as you do your thing with high-end technology and equipment, working with unique customers who you’ve known about for years in an environment that the whole world is watching.
As you can imagine, Covid willing, there are opportunities to travel to and work behind the curtain at some loud international events (and some rather anonymous business parks). You’ll get to hang out in some amazing places and really understand what it means to have a great team around you.
We’d love you to have decent on-the-job experience and knowledge of:
- React.js on the front end
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Message bus / queuing systems, particularly Apache Kafka
- NoSQL databases, particularly MongoDB
- Linux system administration: deployment, log and resource usage analysis
- Architecture automation using tools like Ansible and Puppet
We know that’s some list. Tell us how well you fit now, and how we can help you fill in the gaps.
It’s a small team and we spend a lot of time together, which means the number one attribute is a sense of humour, especially when the going gets tough. You’ll be a team player that also takes individual responsibility and has pride in doing great work.
On top of that, everyone who works at BGN:
- Is good at problem solving and working to time critical deadlines
- Is enthusiastic and always keen to improve
- Is hard working and committed
- Works to a high standard of work, tidiness and punctuality
- Enjoys social activities with colleagues in the evenings, in the day times, outside of work, between work. Actually, they just like people
Finally, given the occasional requirement for international travel a valid passport and full driving license are both useful.
For more information, or to apply for the role, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com.