Bid Assistant (Permanent)
- Advice Cloud
- Work from anywhere
- £25,000 per annum pro rata
- Customer Service, Project Management, Editorial / Content
- Mid-Level, Junior-Level
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
[Update 6th Sept - this is now a permanent role (hooray!) and the deadline to apply has been extended]
Hi! Please read this page in full before hitting apply – we recruit a bit differently!
Advice Cloud are a small, Hove-based company made up of a bunch of friendly people who care about the how the transformation of government and public services can improve the lives of people in the UK.
Our aim is to harness public purchasing power for social and environmental good, and we help technology companies to understand how the public sector procures digital technology and services. We provide tech suppliers with guidance on how to write and present effective bids, and our project management skills ensure they meet the deadlines!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running with our fantastic Client Delivery team as we take on more client projects.
- The role is full-time (9am-5pm) with occasional paid overtime, both of which we approach flexibly.
- This role is permanent. (This was a temporary job posting until 6th Sept, we're now excited to welcome someone permanently!)
- The role is remote. You will be provided with a company laptop and will be required to agree to our security policies. We stay in contact throughout the day using Microsoft Teams.
- You must have a reliable, consistent WiFi connection.
- You will need to complete a basic background check, which we will compensate you for.
Advice Cloud take pride in providing excellent service to our clients and offer a 100% refund if they are in any way dissatisfied. Therefore, the person employed in this role should be very customer-focused, as well as having excellent attention to detail.
- Read and review technical bids written by our clients, in line with our guidance, to ensure that they answer the questions without any room for doubt
- Provide written feedback, tips and suggestions on how the client can improve their writing, in a timely manner
- Careful proof-reading for readability, sentence structure, formatting, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Help to maintain accurate data on clients’ progress, using our CRM (HubSpot), project management tool (Trello) and file storage (G-Drive)
- Work within the Client Delivery team to produce professional client communication, keep the team running smoothly, and conduct research into public sector trends.
- Exercise self-management and freedom in working collaboratively on a variety of ongoing and new projects: we feel a shared responsibility to deliver our purpose.
- Work in line with our Guiding Principles.
- Fluent, business-focussed, and technical English speaker and writer
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently in a varied role
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with hard deadlines and measured/scored/graded work
- Calm and focused under pressure
- IT literate, including use of Microsoft Word, basic Excel, Outlook, G-Drive (or similar)
- Tender/B2B/Technical writing experience
- Project management experience
- Client relationship experience
Please consider applying if you do not have the desirable experience outlined however. We are passionate about providing training opportunities and upskilling for our employees and we are just as interested in a cultural fit with our purpose as we are in previous work experience.
Our ideal new team member would be:
- Aligned to our purpose – that public money can be leveraged for social and environmental good
- Excited about playing a role in growing a company
- Open-minded, curious and keen to learn from others
- Interested in exploring new ways of working and managing a business
What we can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive working environment that values personal and professional development
- A bunch of pretty funny, kind people
- A flexible role, with opportunities to contribute to wider business operations
- After 1 year, we'll help you achieve APMP Foundation Certification
- Work from home (or anywhere) – as long as you have a reliable, consistent WiFi connection
- Access to Platf9rm co-working space in Brighton or Hove
- £50/month work from home allowance
- 9-day fortnights – get a day back every 2 weeks to do something for yourself or the community
- Time for volunteering
- Annual bonus based on company profit
Advice Cloud are currently undergoing a business transformation at all levels (exciting!) and it is important to us that all new team members are the right fit.
- Please download our Scenario Questions form at the bottom of this page.
- This will contain 5 scenario questions relevant to the role which we ask you respond to in no more than 250 words per question.
- Submit your responses to the Scenario Questions, along with a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than end of day 26th September.
- Please do not send us your CV.
- In your covering letter, we’d love to hear about what has drawn you to the role, and your aspirations. Could you also briefly tell us about something that you have done, or are planning to do (e.g. through your work, while studying, or in your spare time) that contributes to social or environmental good?
- Your scenario questions will be anonymised and reviewed by our Client Delivery Team.
- The 3 top scoring applicants will be asked to attend an interview on 6th October, at which point your covering letter will be provided to the Client Delivery Team, who will conduct the interview over Microsoft Teams (or another platform if necessary).
- We will aim to inform the successful candidate on or before 13th October.
We are following this recruitment process to remove unconscious bias as diversity and inclusion is incredibly important to us. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, gender, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.