Senior Account Director - Pharma/ Animal Health
Senior Account Director
We are seeking a Senior Account Director to join a growing agency at an exciting point in our evolution. Reporting to Client Director, you will lead the client accounts team. This is a senior position in the agency and you will be given overall responsibility for your specific client accounts, working with and developing a team.
Who’s the ideal candidate?
You are an experienced account director with a wealth of global healthcare communications agency experience looking for an opportunity to progress in a dynamic PR, communications and creative agency. You are commercially focused and comfortable generating revenue through high quality account management and through contribution to new business development. You understand how to successfully manage clients, anticipating issues before they arise and you have a real empathy for people, ensuring your team are focussed, and happy in their work. You understand healthcare and have a good grasp of strategy, brand development and campaigns. You are motivated by a desire to produce great work that is delivered efficiently and contributes to agency profitability.
What will you do?
- Account and project overview/direction - Providing direction and strategic guidance on multiple accounts with day-to-day oversight of all accounts projects and workstreams – focusing on larger strategic pieces e.g. congress booth development, campaign ideation and planning, content planning/workshops, to assist the team in planning, issues resolution, proactive delivery and ideas sharing with the clients. Act as active SAD/AD across several smaller/new accounts where client relationship are still being established
- Resource management - Proactive planning and allocation of account management/project management team, management of teams responding to new business, account growth – skill based depending on opportunity. Motivate teams and lead by example to drive high quality and timely deliverables across all accounts
- Account lead and PM - For some specific accounts, lead projects and day-to-day key contact for the clients /daily management of the deliverables e.g. brand development & strategy, campaigns, account planning
- Account development - Constant communication and evaluating activities/deliverables for all accounts against client strategic objectives, internal account plans to drive organic growth opportunities – expanding remit of current activities and seeking new prospects to grow accounts outside of current remit e.g. look for ways to increase digital offerings, expansion of services into Regional teams
- New business pitches - Lead the development of responses to RFPs/large organic growth opportunities and own the communications/proposal submission. Collaborate across the AHC group as needed to respond to pitches that require medical/scientific input or other Ashfield skill areas
- Finances and revenue tracking - Using existing revenue trackers, update with all new proposals to existing clients and new business opportunities to record revenue changes, percentage likelihood of winning work and status. Proactive monthly revenue predictions mid-month and month end, providing notification to ADC directors of significant changes in revenue vs budget. Ensuring all month-end invoicing across all accounts is completed and correct, and provided to clients in a timely manner. Reviewing and inputting to project reconciliations and requests for increased budgets due to scope changes
- Quality review and issues resolution - Review and input to key workstreams/projects to ensure high quality of deliverables, includes strategic planning, creative, content, proposals, etc before they are sent to clients. Managing accountability across internal teams to sign-off on all materials, ensuring they meet client SOPs etc. Primary contact internally and externally for issues management whether these are client-reported quality matters, resource/team queries or planning conflicts e.g. holiday/on-site cover
- Internal KPI reporting - Completing monthly internal KPI reporting – client satisfaction tracking, notice of client audits, completion of new starters internal training
- Consultation across internal teams - Sounding board for all internal teams for ideas, issues resolution, budgets and proposals, client management
- Demonstrable experience of leading successful client account teams - Global/EU pharma comms / PR / product comms expertise is key
- Motivated by developing and coaching individuals to achieve their full potential
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Role model; lead by example regarding agency values and in the spirit of collaboration
- Commercial mindset; have a hunger for business and proposition growth, and developing commercial relationships
- Broad experience; be a seasoned communications professional with demonstrable experience of implementing and overseeing all elements of the PR, communications and marketing mix
- Superior knowledge of account management function and principles, including finance, customer service, and client management
- Problem solver; seeks to understand and address issues that might affect client satisfaction
- Persuasive; ability to write compelling proposals and develop new business propositions that clients buy into
- Collaborative; strong facilitation skills and ability to bring together different stakeholders to achieve goals
- Detail focused; ensuring quality of delivery and high service levels for all client accounts
- Resilient; able to cope with changing priorities, shifts in agency strategy and changes in agency focus
- Self-starter; focused on autonomously achieving the team objectives and managing complexity