Are you ready for your next challenge and have some great experience in the digital sphere? We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Producer to join the RSPCA to develop inspiring website content to drive all Digital Activity.
As a Digital Producer, your role is fundamental to support, maintain and develop the main RSPCA website, subsites and other RSPCA digital initiatives. You'll be working as part of communications to ensure content and multimedia on our web platforms are current, accurate, attract new supporters and engage existing to help drive conversions. You will ensure that the content is accessible and promotes RSPCA Strategic Objectives and meets brand guidelines.
We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills that can help promote and improve engagement with important areas of the society's work.
What you'll be doing
- Creating new or editing existing content based on project briefs supplied by stakeholders
- Testing new features and updates for the website
- Reviewing the performance of content using Google Analytics and making recommendations based on data
- Creating forms and testing to make sure the user journey and data is captured correctly
- Performing user acceptance testing on new website projects, to make sure that they are functioning correctly and meet the standards of the website before they are uploaded onto the live site
- Advising site contributors on digital-related best practice for web, e.g. SEO, accessibility and usability. To help make sure that content complies with web-related policies and brand guidelines
- Designing and building new web pages and content using the CMS and web management system to upload content and manage page layout
- Improving the information architecture of the site making it easier for people to find and navigate the site
- Creating and preparing images or graphics for use on the website using photo editing software
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in using a CMS
- Experience in using Google analytics
- Excellent knowledge of HTML
- Intermediate knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Understanding of data protection issues due to a large number of data capture forms that the role holder will be required to create
- Understanding of photo editing software
What's in it for you
You'll have an opportunity to work for the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales.
We value and recognise our employees' contribution and are proud to offer an extensive benefits package that includes:
35 hours standard working week, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days with service; a generous pension scheme with associated life assurance and group income protection scheme; access to private healthcare scheme; support for professional development after qualifying period and access to our employee assistance programme. We also offer free parking on site.
Due to the pandemic, where possible all staff are working from home and will continue to do so until September. From September we will be trialing hybrid working for this role. Hybrid workers will split their time between working from home and Southwater location, with attendance in the office expected to be one or two days per week, as defined by the requirements of the role. This trial will be for a period of 6 months. If successful, it is expected that this role will continue to operate across both locations.
How to apply
To apply, please complete our online application form quoting reference DP9479 by the closing date of 17 September 2021.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close this advert once sufficient applications have been received.
All online information and documents are available in alternative formats, including Braille and large font, upon request from the Resourcing team.
We strongly believe in being an innovative, diverse, and inclusive organisation and recognise that diversity in all of our people will help achieve that purpose and our mission more effectively. We actively encourage and seek applications from a wide diversity of candidates and in particular welcome applications from minority ethnic, black, and candidates with disabilities, who are currently under-represented at the RSPCA.
Ending cruelty, promoting kindness and alleviating suffering to animals.