dataJAR is a fast-expanding, forward thinking technology company based in the heart of the bustling Lanes in central Brighton. We are seeking a switched on, talented individual to help our exciting business grow.
Over the past eight years, we have built one of the most advanced Device-as-a-Service platforms for Apple and have integrated it with leaders in the Apple device management space such as Jamf, Okta, Malwarebytes and others.
As a Swift developer, you will have the opportunity to develop, own and grow the next generation of dataJAR’s flagship products. You will be working as part of our talented Product and Platform team, which has significant experience in developing and managing in-house solutions, apps and infrastructure written in Python, Swift and a number of Shell scripting languages.
This is an exciting position with huge potential for growth for the right individual. You will be quick-thinking and thrive in a busy, fast-moving environment, while being able to work on your own initiative.
For this role we offer a competitive salary package that is based on experience, as well as a wide range of benefits for all dataJAR employees. Remote work within the UK is offered for this role, with travel to our Brighton office being required from time to time.
Your daily routine will involve:
- developing internal and customer-facing dataJAR systems using Apple development languages and frameworks, particularly Swift
- performing requirements determination analysis and producing plans for the design and delivery of projects
- designing and implementing UI/UX designs for internal and customer-facing applications, following project specifications
- designing and delivering full end-to-end development lifecycle workflows
- assisting other members of the development and engineering teams within projects, in areas relevant to your specialisation
- producing documentation as required, in areas such as software development, release management, system architecture etc
- monitoring the performance, quality and responsiveness of the company's applications
- working with the rest of the team to define, design and develop new features
- publishing applications to GitHub or app stores
The success of this position requires:
- experience of working with Swift, across all Apple’s device types and operating systems
- experience of working with Apple’s App Store Connect and developer programs
- experience of UI/UX design and implementation
- experience of full end-to-end development lifecycle work
- experience of working with Git
- experience of working with REST APIs
- experience of in-app data visualisation
- experience of Swift UI
- experience of CocoaPods and Swift Package Manager
- experience of working with CI/CD pipelines
- awareness of secure coding practices
- hybrid felxible working
- private health cover
- life insurance
- pension contributions
- additional day holiday for your birthday
- dedicated Apple laptop + remote work accessories
- home office equipment allowance
- cycle to work scheme
- work-related travel allowance
- contribution to a personal financial advice and planning service
- open and inclusive culture with focus on personal development