Red River Software is an award-winning software development company who work with entrepreneurs and businesses to create industry-leading products, business-critical systems, apps, sites and other software in the B2C and B2B arenas. We work across a wide range of industries and with a diverse set of technologies - coupling technical innovation and problem-solving expertise with extensive product design and commercial experience.
Recent projects include an intelligent compliance-based recycling platform, a large auction platform and an industry-leading logistics solution.
Red River Software is looking to take on a UI Designer to join our expanding team. We are looking for agile, enthusiastic people who have a desire to take on a role designing modern web applications using the latest industry standards and adding in their own unique flare.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Creating user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, the voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, low and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Communicate with different teams within Red River, as well as customers and stakeholders
- To know how to use design & prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent (We use Adobe XD for all our design work)
- An understanding of modern UI design, usability, and accessibility standards
- Design experience in any design field (UI Design, UX Design, Graphic Design, etc)
- Possess excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- To have examples of, or be able to demonstrate, your ability to turn system requirements into mock-ups & designs, or a design portfolio
- A thirst for continual learning and modern web technology
Any of these things would be great too:
- UX Design knowledge
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite’s other products
- Graphic Design Knowledge
- Experience with creating branding documents or style guides
- Experience building WordPress websites
- An understanding of modern web design - HTML, CSS, responsive design
Why work for us?
We value innovation and the creative application of technology and have a track record of delivering industry-changing projects. If you have the skills and desire, you'll have a real chance to help shape the future of the company and grow along with it. We offer training and mentoring programmes and benefits including childcare vouchers, a Cycle to Work scheme, free parking, and 25 days' annual holiday (plus bank holidays). We encourage creative play time to experiment with new ideas, develop products in-house and have an internal team dedicated to investigating and adopting the latest technology.
Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we also offer part or full remote working opportunities, which can be discussed further.
We are happy to consider all levels of experience.