- Brighton Fringe Ltd
- Brighton, BN2 9NA
- Starting at £20,000 p/a
- SEO & PPC, Design / Creative, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Type: PAYE, Permanent, Full time
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours p/w), Mon – Fri.
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Holiday: 28 days (including public holidays).
Location: Central Brighton
Benefits of Working for Brighton Fringe:
- Platinum Friends Membership (worth £200 per year)
- 1 free event registration per year
- Tea, coffee and birthday treats!
- Christmas party social
- Free ticket opportunities
- Central Brighton office location, with some ‘work from home’ flexibility available
Summary of the Role
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, alongside the Marketing Assistant, this role supports the delivery of all marketing aspects, including digital marketing, design for print and digital, mobile app administration, social media, email marketing, PR and commercial development.
A day in the life of the Marketing Coordinator might involve some copy-writing for an e-shot, obtaining quotes from print partners, researching new marketing ideas for the subsequent year, choosing the right image from the image library for a social media post, designing an online strapline advert, updating the company website, and creating a guestlist for a launch event.
The Marketing team work closely alongside the Development team to ensure a joined up approach between corporate sales and marketing, and with the Box Office and Operations teams to continue the development of strategies, and to create weekly and annual analytics to be used across departments.
(Please note we are also recruiting for a Marketing Assistant role. Please see our website for further details)
Skills and knowledge required to fulfil key responsibilities:
- Knowledge of operating an analytics system (specifically Zoho Analytics)
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of creating content for channels including web and email
- Ability to follow in-house style for general copy-writing
- Experience of using GoogleAds, Hootsuite, Contact Management systems, etc
- Knowledge of building front and back end of websites such as WordPress
- Strong understanding of SEO practices
- Excellent communication, administration and ICT skills
- Some knowledge and understanding of live events management
- Tenacity and common sense
- Persuasiveness and determination
- Strong organisational abilities, shows initiative – a self-starter
- Be available for the full duration of Brighton Fringe throughout May each year, being prepared for some late nights or weekend work over this time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- For a full list of responsibilities, please download the full job description.
Key Working Relationships:
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Events Producer and Events team
- Development Team
- Box Office and Operations Teams
- Participant Services team
- Press Officer / PR Agency
- Website developers
- CEO & Brighton Fringe Board of Directors
- All other staff and organisations
- Experience of working within a Marketing department of an arts related company
- Experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience of integrated marketing campaigns, and working with agencies
- The Brighton & Hove arts and festival sector
- Experience of working within very small teams or organisations
- Application is by application form only. Please note that we will not accept CVs as application for this position. Click here to download the application form.
- Deadline for applications: 12pm, Friday 15th October 2021
- Interviews: Week commencing 18th October 2021 (day TBC)
- Start Date: ASAP
Brighton Fringe is a company limited by guarantee and registered with the charity commission. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- Application form: Application Form (99kb) (the link will open in a new window)
- Additional info: Marketing Coordinator JD (87kb) (the link will open in a new window)