Senior Software Developer (Web)
- Make Real
- Brighton or UK remote
- £45,000+ depending upon experience
- eLearning, Full Stack Development, VR / AR / Mixed Reality
- Contract Type
Position: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Remote working, with access to office space in Brighton, UK
Salary: £45,000+ depending on experience
Make Real. We specialise in creating meaningful immersive experiences, for learning and entertainment. We create collaborative serious games, VR and AR, and other tools that support new ways of changing behaviours for the better.
We are looking for…
A full-time talented web developer to join our expert team in and around Brighton. The majority of our team are remote working but there is the option to use our studio space within Plus X, Brighton.
Working as part of our existing team of Unity developers, the role will primarily involve the delivery of web-based learning applications for our global clients, but with a view to growing more into a cross technical role.
As a company we are quality conscious and strive to build products that deliver results for users. A core strength is our cross collaboration between technical and User Experience disciplines, you should therefore have an understanding and appreciation of application design that focuses on the needs and benefits for a user.
The projects you will work on will typically be visually creative and interactive training experiences delivered through web-browsers. We are therefore looking for someone with the technical ability to bring our visual designs to life, as well having a keen eye for visual detail and accuracy.
- Excited and motivated to continually develop your expertise in digital learning products, serious games and emerging technologies
- A commercial mindset – working to budgets
- A good eye for visual quality
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Good intuition for working with designers to solve design/usability issues
- Time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
Skills & Experience
The following is a list of requirements and technologies that we believe you should be confident with:
- Minimum 5 years with similar industry experience and a portfolio of relevant work
- 3D Maths
Desirable skills include:
- Shaders, particle systems, post processing
- Server side development (node.JS, php, sql etc)
Why Work for Make Real
- Health care plan and pension contributions
- Positive fostering of healthy work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth and professional development
- Energetic growth company at the start of greater things
- Decades of experience and recent investment provides stability
- Innovation and emerging technology key to our success
- Challenging and exciting development partners
- Solutions driven, not pushing specific technologies for the sake of it
- Strong advocates of benefits and positive change technology can bring
- Works with local equality and diversity groups to encourage wider inclusion
Make Real operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age or political opinions.
Send your CV with details on why you would be perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include any additional supporting material that you are able to share – such as a portfolio/samples of previous work.
Recruiters and agencies please note - we do not accept candidates from outside our list of selected partners.