We’re TrustedHousesitters, the online platform connecting a caring community of home and pet owners with sitters around the world. Joining for one annual fee, our members connect to exchange pet care for a place to stay. It’s a money-free exchange that sees owners enjoy worry-free travel while the sitters care for pets and unlock a world of unique accommodation.
In the last few years, we’ve achieved a lot. Consistently achieving high year-on-year growth, we’ve doubled from 25 employees to a team of over 40. We announced funding last year to help continuously improve our platform, won lots of awards, including Amazon’s Growing Business Award and were recognised as ‘Highly Commended’ in the Brighton & Hove Business Awards 2019.
Despite our rapid growth, our ethos remains the same. We aspire to transform the pet care and travel landscape. We believe we offer the best solution and our team is united by our commitment to delivering an enriching experience for our members and having a positive impact on the lives of their pets. We never lose sight of what makes TrustedHousesitters, trusted. We care hugely about our reputation, we have more five-star reviews on TrustPilot than any other travel or pet company globally. We have built a strong team culture and are supportive of flexible working.
Calling all pet & travel lovers
At TrustedHousesitters, you’ll be part of a pet-passionate, fast-growing team who are all committed to collaborating, constantly improving and having some fun while we’re at it. Sounds exciting right? We think so. If you want the opportunity to be part of that, to create something special, driving change within the pet care and travel landscapes, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is based out of our central Brighton office but with a "remote-first" schedule.
We are looking for a passionate analyst to join a growing Analytics & Insight team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Dealing with large data sets from various sources, you will be generating insight by analysing web, app and member data. Whether you are generating reports, dashboards or larger research projects you will be providing various teams with the information they need to improve their processes and make critical decisions. As well as fielding data requests from around the business, analysts sit within a Product squad to support that Product roadmap with analysis and insight. You will use various tools to extract data from standard web analytics tools like Amplitude, or use SQL to extract customer data from our data warehouse. You will also be dealing with the tag management and event tracking required for our customer data platform, Segment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting data, analysing results and providing reports and dashboards
- Acquiring data from various sources and QA/maintaining those sources
- Responding to data requests from various departments
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Presenting insight back to the business, enabling data driven decisions
- Working with a Product Manager to gather data requirements as new features are developed and tested
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Ideally at least 1 year of experience working as an analyst, though we are also willing to consider candidates with other relevant experience in an academic environment.
- Demonstrable ability to produce high-quality, automated reports and dashboards
- Expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, SQL, BI tools, and web analytics packages (Google Analytics, Amplitude etc)
- Some knowledge of, or an interest in, statistics and data science (Python, R, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at writing queries, producing reports and presenting findings
- An eagerness to learn how to use new systems and analytics tools
- Qualifications in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics would be useful but are not a requirement
- Of course, we’ll offer you a competitive salary based on your experience, 25 days holiday as standard and a workplace pension scheme.
- Once you’ve passed probation you’ll receive a dedicated travel allowance and time to go sitting, you’re positively encouraged to get away from your desk!
- Stay happy and healthy with our physical health and dental cash plan!
- Great people know great people. If you recommend someone for a vacancy, and they are successful in their application, you’ll receive £500 once they complete their 3-month probation.
- Getting a new pet? We give you the opportunity to work from home when you welcome a new furry friend to the family and up to £200 towards the rehoming fees if you choose to rescue a dog or cat.
- With core hours between 10:00-16:00, we want you to have more control over your schedule and working environment. We believe in keeping employees happy.