Safe As Milk builds themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform and we are looking for a full time Junior Front-End Developer with a passion for solving problems.
This is predominately a support role but we will also encourage you to get involved in the development of new and existing themes and apps.
Online commerce and Shopify in particular is growing fast and our company is growing with it. We’re a small friendly team distributed between the UK, Ireland, Luxembourg and Lithuania. We also have a design studio in central Brighton (UK). We use tools like Github, Slack and Around to communicate but also have physical meet ups (hopefully returning soon) where we can get to know each other better.
Even though we have an open, informal company culture we take a lot of pride in our work and are highly motivated. We also believe in a healthy work/life balance and the happiness of our people. We are continually improving the excellence in how we run the company and how we build and support our products.
Attitude and attributes
Because of the way we work you have to be a self-motivated person who can handle some autonomy. The senior people in the company are always available to help but we would expect you to get on with your work without being micro-managed. Office hours can be flexible. This role is about providing effective, high quality support to our customers within a published timeframe. Happy customers are everything to us.
What you will be doing
- Answering technical support tickets/emails escalated by Tier 1 support staff
- Diagnosing and debugging code conflicts
- Advising merchants of possible fixes and solutions
- Implementing code fixes if the issue is with our products
- Keeping records of code fixes needed for the next release of existing products
- Helping to build our new themes and apps
- Strong CSS and HTML skills
- Experience of debugging in the browser
- Able to understand Shopify technical constraints
- Able to take ownership of technical support and advise the Tier 1 support team
- Friendly with good written communication skills
- Self starter and self motivated
- Shopify CMS experience
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Liquid templating language
- General ecommerce knowledge
- Competitive salary - based on experience
- Fully remote work - all you need is a laptop and wifi
- The chance to learn from senior, experienced developers
- Hardware - a new Apple laptop and workspace setup budget
- Learning - a budget for attending conferences and/or taking courses
- Team meetups - the last two were Stockholm and Morzine
- Paid parental leave
- Annual pay reviews
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. As part of the interview process we will be setting a short test to asses your level of skill. Please check out our theme reviews and if you think you’d like to join our team and become part of something great, we would love to talk to you!
Your interview process
- Code test
- Zoom/Video interview
Due to time restrictions only those shortlisted will be contacted.