About the role:
In the past year, we have launched our new Learning Management System – Form LMS – built on a micro-services architecture in Symfony 4 and Vue.js and we are looking for a talented developer to help us enhance and improve this exciting platform for our customers.
You will be getting hands-on with code on a regular basis, tracking down any issues reported through our helpdesk, or implementing new customer-driven features and changes. In addition, you will also get a chance to perform code reviews on our internal and external team’s work and share knowledge and ideas with the rest of the team.
On occasion, you may get a chance to work on our previous Learning Management System – Blue LMS – which is written in the CodeIgniter framework, but any experience with this framework is not essential and we can guide you through any tasks that may need doing.
Depending on your experience, you may also be able to work with and manage our AWS environments from the start, but we are happy to provide training and guidance if this an area you want to get in to in the future.
PHP - CodeIgniter, Symfony 4
Linux, Apache, AWS (EC2, ALB, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS, Cognito, Lambda)
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Develop and improve functionality in our new Symfony 4 / Vue.js application
· Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues in our existing CodeIgniter application
· Peer review colleagues' code
· Provide input on performance improvements and architectural designs
· Assist with basic maintenance tasks on our AWS hosting infrastructure
· Offer 3rd-line support to internal helpdesk colleagues on application-related issues
Who are we looking for?
· Experience developing web applications with PHP frameworks
· Proven hands on experience with:
o Version control systems such as Git
o Secure coding best practices
o Cross-browser front-ends using HTML, CSS
o Relational databases such as MySQL
o RESTful APIs
· Ability to follow complex code and diagnose low-level application issues
Beneficial experience would include:
· Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
· Continuous integration / deployment tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab, Bitbucket pipelines
· Working in a collaborative Agile environment
· SCORM or other online learning technology experience
· Maintaining AWS infrastructure and resources
· Linux/Apache server management/configuration
· Single-Sign On integrations
· Docker containers
We are looking for someone who is willing to be proactive, collaborative and keen become part of a successful team.
Ideally you will live within commuting distance of Southwick however, we are promoting a hybrid working model so a split between remote and office working is expected.
Key strengths that will help you in this role include:
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Dynamic, self-motivated, focused and energetic person with a 'can-do' attitude
· Ability to work as part of a team but also to be able to work independently, take initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Organisational and analytical skills, with strong problem-solving ability
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Good attention to detail
- Bonus scheme
- Additional leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes