Finance Manager - Overseeing Finance & Administration & Legal
Booksy is the leading beauty marketplace for finding, scheduling and managing appointments (with 10 million online bookings per month worldwide), anchored by a SaaS app for business management. The company is headquartered in the United States and has over 500 employees based in offices across 8 countries.
After successfully navigating and sustaining growth during the global pandemic, Booksy continues to go from strength to strength with the acquisition of Versum and various other entities in our space. We have huge plans for 2021/22 as we take Booksy to the moon and back, reaching more service providers and end users than ever before.
At Booksy we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to maintain our long term vision for success.
To support Booksy’s future success in the UK and Republic of Ireland, we are looking for a Finance Manager - Overseeing Finance, Administration & Legal to join us on our rocket ship!
Base Salary from £35,000 - £45,000, Based at UK head office in Eastbourne
- Partner with the Country Manager to grow and win the UK market
- Support the design and implementation of company strategy, special projects and optimisation initiatives
- Oversee the financial, accounting, payroll, tax and legal operations for UK
- Ensure accurate managerial reporting to global CFO
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and business cases to support management decisions
- Manage costs and cash position
- Work closely with company accountants, lawyers and other advisors
- Manage the Administration team to ensure smooth functioning of the office and to further enhance office culture
- 3+ years of relevant experience (finance, accounting, etc.); 5+ years work experience overall (exposure to start-up/tech environment is a plus)
- Some experience in running a finance unit within a local operation
- Familiar with all finance functional areas, including reporting, controlling, accounting and tax
- Know how to prepare and analyse financial reports and projections
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel
- Full Booksy Merchandise pack (t shirts, Hoodies etc)
- Healthcare Plan
- Quarterly company wide events such a boat parties, city breaks etc
- Regular regional meet ups and socials
- Early finish on a Friday!
- Wellness and support programmes
- Vibrant, diverse and supportive working culture to allow you to grow, earn and have fun while you do it!
- Holiday allowance, sick pay allowance, referral programmes, pension etc.
We are experiencing rapid growth, having taken our UK headcount from under 40 at the start of 2021, to over 100 by September of 2021, with a forecast to exceed 120+ by the end of Q4 2021 so there has never been a better time to join us!
Our end users and service providers come from all walks of life and so does our team. We hire great people from all backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We hire the right people for the right reasons.
More about Booksy
Booksy raised $119m in VC funding to date with investors including Cat Rock Capital, Sprints Capital, Piton Capital, Enern, Industry Ventures, XG Ventures, OpenOcean, Manta Ray Ventures, VNV Global, Inovo, Kai Hansen and Zach Coelius. We also partnered with major tech brands including Facebook, Instagram, Google and Yelp to ensure seamless booking experience directly on their platforms. Booksy is also within the select group of global providers integrated in the Appointments on Facebook scheduling tool. We have been successfully delivering on the customer-first promise, with over 65% of merchants likely to recommend Booksy to a friend or colleague. Our leadership team commands a mix of track-record at highly successful startups (iTaxi, Eo Networks, Docplanner) as well as experience from leading blue-chip and consulting companies (Google, Airbnb, Uber, eBay, Groupon, Wonga, McKinsey, Kearney, BCG, PwC, EY).
www.booksy.com - Booksy marketplace
www.booksy.biz - Booksy for Service Providers
www.booksy.com/download - Download Client app
More about Booksy’s key milestones and achievements
Booksy raises $70M war chest to acquire salon appointment apps, expand internationally (https://tinyurl.com/y5kfoyjg)
Booksy: The Polish ‘Uber of beauty and wellness’ scoops £51M, plans UK expansion (https://tinyurl.com/3jxaptjy)
#1 People First
- Empower and elevate service providers, consumers and their communities
- Be authentic, transparent, and trustworthy with those we serve externally and with other Booksy employees
#2 Act Like an Owner
- Take responsibility for your actions and results
- Treat commitments and agreements seriously
- Proactively look beyond direct scope of work to make Booksy a better place
#3 Work as a Team
- Trust in each other's ability to do their job
- Encourage healthy collaboration among teams
- Give credit to people who contribute
#4 Shoot for the Moon
- Set your sights on the best and never settle for what’s mediocre
- Go beyond boundaries and take a different approach when you hit obstacles