Intermediate Software Developer (Full stack .Net web developer)
Creative Technology (CT) is a global live & virtual events supplier, supporting events within many different markets sectors; Broadcast, Corporate, Entertainment, Exhibitions, Sports & Systems Integration. CT provides professional equipment, personnel and custom software solutions to support our client and their events.
As a software developer within Creative Technology you will be responsible for providing technical expertise to the software department by creating, maintaining and supporting custom software products for our clients and the business. This role is primarily focused on building web applications using modern frontend frameworks and .Net (.Net Core 3.1 & .Net 5) API’s. Experience with more traditional front-end technologies such as jQuery would be of benefit in the maintenance of existing products. Knowledge of desktop development frameworks within the .Net Ecosystem would also be valuable. Creative Technology are a major services provider in the live event, sports and broadcasting industries as such there will sometimes be the requirement to travel globally to facilitate the role-out, training and operation of these custom software products
- Work as part of the software development team to create and modify a variety of software used within a fast-paced live events environment.
- Create API driven applications built upon .Net.
- Create responsive front-end web applications from provided designs or descriptions.
- Produce code that is easy to expand, maintain and to be structed in a testable way.
- Produce robust tests to ensure the best possible performance, quality and usability of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs producing solutions to mitigate and address any issues found.
- Assist in the maintenance of existing web applications built with ASP.Net Core, Razor pages and jQuery.
- Assist in the maintenance of existing desktop applications built with .Net Framework.
- Provide constructive input and suggestions into the design architecture of the products you are working on.
- Work closely with and train the engineering teams on the usage of the products at various events in the UK and abroad.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience working with .Net.
- Have a strong understanding of current web technologies.
- Familiar with popular web frameworks and libraries such as Vue.js & Blazor.
- Have a good understanding of relational databases and SQL queries.
- Be proficient in using version control tools such as Git.
- Be comfortable working with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects on time.
- Have experience in developing an application at all stages of the lifecycle through to production