SEO Manager and Content Strategist
- Fully remote team
- Depends on experience
- Data Analysis, SEO & PPC, Editorial / Content
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
At ProWritingAid, our mission is to help people become better writers so they can share their ideas, stories, and knowledge. Words shape the world, and we have a unique opportunity to help shape and improve those words. If you love inspiring, educating, and helping people, then this is the right place for you. You'll be helping not only our users, but also the millions of children and adults inspired by their words.
We're a 100% remote team spread across more than 10 countries brought together by a love of language. By focusing on sustainable growth and the happiness of our team, we've been in business for over 8 years and are still growing strongly.
Our dream Content Strategist uses data and analytics to inform decisions about content creation. They stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends, are comfortable with detailed technical analysis, and make decisions using projections and data. We have an exceptional team of content creators, but in 2021, we're looking to bring on a strategic mind to help us know what to make and how to make it.
Priorities include but are not limited to:
Analyzing SEO trends to make recommendations for best practices for our articles and other content
Developing a data-driven system of content prioritization that assesses keywords and content areas to inform what our writers should write (and how they should write it.
Assessing existing content to identify opportunities for optimization and growth.
Prioritizing potential content based on metrics that show what will have the biggest impact on a.) traffic, b.) leads, and c.) revenue
Developing a thorough system of engagement metrics to analyze the impact of every piece of content and use those learnings to drive future content plans.
Building out an effective content plan to support and promote key marketing events like Crime Writers' Week and Romance Writers' Week.
Optimizing our content creation workflow, ensuring that each member of our larger content team (from writers to editors to proofreaders) has a clear set of Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) that enables them to deliver great content
- Developing clear, SEO-focused, data-driven content plans that are consistent with the company's brand and address both business goals and consumer needs.
- Managing a content development process that allows a large team of writers, editors, graphic designers, SEO optimizers, and backlinkers to efficiently deliver a high volume of exceptional quality content.
- Identifying keyword gaps, on-page optimisation opportunities, internal linking systems, and SEO fixes.
- Analyzing SEO data to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
- Conducting content experiments to assess the effectiveness of different content approaches and formats.
- Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
- Developing systems to prioritise multiple content requests across several departments (B2C, Product Team, B2B, Linkbuilding, and others).
- Developing systems to decide which kind of content would be most effective for a particular keyword (blog article, content hub, webinar, video, Grammar Guide term, etc.)
- Analysis of and optimization of existing content archive to improve internal linking systems and recycle top performing content.
- Providing feedback on submitted content to ensure that it is fully optimised for SEO.
- Creating, adjusting, and managing the editorial/newsletter/events calendar, in collaboration with the team.
- Establishing clear content briefs that specify the writing style and SEO needs.
- Developing a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research.
- Sound knowledge of SEO/SEM tactics and theory, content management systems, keyword research tools, and social media platforms.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or related field.
- Proven content strategy, SEO strategy and project management experience.
- Strong content presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional marketing and collaborative skills.
- Effective communication skills.
How you'll grow:
Happiness—we believe that the happier you are, the more productive you'll be, so we focus on optimizing for employee happiness though wellbeing coaching and stress-reducing workflow management. Everyone can be happy if they're doing the things that give them joy.
Opportunities to mentor and coach other team members—everyone has something to teach others. We actively encourage mentoring, pairing, and coaching. It's also a great way to get to know your colleagues better.
Confidence—we believe that good decisions require different perspectives. We encourage everyone to contribute to the improvement of the product and company. You can be assured of a receptive and encouraging environment.
What we offer you:
Remote/flexible working—You can work from wherever (and whenever) you are happiest. The company is UK-registered, but we have employees in more than 10 countries.
Clever people/hard problems—You will work with some of the most talented people in our industry. Our projects require innovation and creativity — not your regular "done that, repeat" stuff.
Make a difference—You get to work on a real-world problem and make a positive impact on wordsmiths around the world. Our users love the product, but there’s still a lot we can do.
A small but agile company—ProWritingAid is a fast-growing, yet nimble company, so your work is always delivered to our users and has a visible impact.
Competitive package—We always pay you what you are really worth (range depending on experience).
Annual meet up somewhere fun—Every year we bring the full company together to plan, learn, and play! Last time we met up in Granada, Spain and ate so much we had to have two seats on the plane home.