IMEX Group - What We Do
IMEX Group delivers two vibrant trade shows each year for the global meeting and events industry. IMEX in Frankfurt and IMEX America (Las Vegas) each attract around 15,000 participants.
Our shows facilitate face-to-face business meetings between exhibitors (who include international hotel chains, convention bureaux, destination management companies and tech providers) and meeting and event planners.
Every show also features professional, free education and numerous networking and co-located events run by our global partner network. This means our IMEX shows have become must-attend events for anyone working in the global meeting and events industry.
During 2020 and 2021 the IMEX team have remained 70-strong and pivoted to produce two well-attended virtual experience for our customers –PlanetIMEX and the IMEX Buzz Hub.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Web and Digital Marketing Executive on a 6-month contract to work across a website optimisation project and support the implementation of our new marketing automation software.
The ideal candidate will be a digital native with strong written communication skills and an interest in digital marketing. They will have a minimum of one year’s experience editing a website or blog, and some writing experience. Knowledge of SEO and email marketing, and experience using email marketing tools is highly desirable.
The Web and Digital Marketing Executive will need to be diligent, enthusiastic, keen to learn, and able to work autonomously. This role is initially offered on a 6-month basis, with a possibility of extension.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Responsibility for editing and optimising IMEX Group’s websites (imex-frankfurt.com, imex-frankfurt.de, imexamerica.com, imexexhibitions.com and customer portal websites):
- Creating and editing webpages in Drupal CMS
- Working autonomously on a list of website admin and optimisation tasks, identifying opportunities to improve or refine pages to help drive website performance
- Refreshing webpage layouts within Drupal in line with UX best practice
- Using SEO knowledge to work on optimisation roadmap
- Optimising content in line with keyword research and writing keyword-rich page elements such as page titles, link copy, headings and meta descriptions
- Image optimisation for the web using image editing software, checking that image attributes (titles, alt tags) are written in line with best practice and rewriting where appropriate
Reporting and research
- Collating and reviewing data in Google Analytics and other tools
- Compiling industry and digital research, putting reports together and making recommendations on digital improvements
- Reviewing competitor offerings and collating findings in a report that contains actionable insights
Email and digital marketing support
- Creating emails and workflows within HubSpot
- Working collaboratively with the team on marketing automation implementation tasks
- Designing and creating optimised landing pages and forms using HubSpot, in line with channel best practice
- Creating briefs for IMEX’s in-house Design Studio
- Providing support for the Marcomms team and working on ad-hoc digital marketing tasks as required
About you, the essentials:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A good degree in a related subject (such as English, media, marketing, events) or equivalent employment experience
- Strong verbal and written English
- Excellent IT and software skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace
- Familiarity with one or more CMS platforms
- An understanding of digital marketing practices and principles
- A basic knowledge of SEO
- Awareness of UX principles, or willingness to learn
- Experience using Google Analytics or other analytics tools
- A self-starter, able to multitask and prioritise
- Confident communication, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- A good eye for detail and design
- A team player who upholds the IMEX Group values
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role.
Also, nice to haves would be:
- Experience using HubSpot or other email marketing/automation tools
- German language skills
- Copywriting/editing skills.
IMEX Group - Our Values
Lead by a young, pioneering CEO, Quality, Inspiration and Collaboration are the company values that underpin everything we do. Our “organising principle” is The Family Table which describes the spirit of our leadership team and our 60+ employees. In short, everyone has a place. Everyone has a voice.
IMEX Group - Our Team Rewards
Join our hardworking, innovative and collaborative team and you’ll receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A brand new, flexible working policy including the opportunity for some remote working
- Newly refurbished, central Brighton & Hove offices with subsidised parking
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare and confidential employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Recognition programme to reward good deeds and make the office a fun place to work
- A culture promoting your health – In-house Pilates, massages, meditation…and fruit!
- Our social responsibility both locally and to the industry is important to IMEX – We allow time for voluntary work and we love a good bake day to raise funds!
- The opportunity to work cross-team on what matters to you in one of our voluntary “squads” e.g. our Diversity and Inclusion or Green squads which influence the business and even our industry
Closing date: 12 Nov - Telephone interviews: 17 Nov & Final interviews: 19 November 2021!