Business Development Manager (Video Production)
- Right Formula Productions
- Business Development, Sales, Video / Content Production
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
Right Formula Productions are a Video Production Agency working within the Sports Marketing sector.
Since 2007, our team has grown steadily - we consistently meet and exceed client expectations and as a result are now looking to recruit a high calibre Business Development Manager.
You will be responsible for growing RFP revenue streams, building great business relationships and successfully closing sales leads.
Our expectations for this role are high, as you will be working with some of the world’s biggest brands such as Hilton, Kia, Pirelli, Casio and McLaren - all sitting within Formula 1, Golf, Formula E, Football and Esports.
There is now an appetite to broaden our client base within existing sectors, whilst taking our skills and experience to new markets.
As a result you will become a key member of the RFP senior team, working to develop new opportunities across a broad range of mediums – from corporate communications, live event activations through to high-end brand films, social media videos, TV documentaries and more.
Skills and experience
- Bright, self-motivated and positive, with a track record of sales expertise, and the aptitude to think outside of the box to achieve desired outcomes.
- Credible, articulate, confident and tenacious, with the gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and a passion for doing the right thing.
- Confident presenting proposals and pitching ideas to clients and stakeholders.
- 3 to 5 years commercial experience, ideally in a partnership sales or rights holder capacity.
- Proven sales track record in a similar partnership sales role.
- Holds existing relationships within the industry that can be leveraged to good effect as part of the sales process.
- Strong project management skills.
- Adept at utilising CRM platforms.
Preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of the creative industry (video production, editing, photography, design, web)
- Actively and professionally manage the entire sales cycle, from lead generation and prospecting to arranging appointments, preparing opportunity reviews, developing proposals and presentations, managing pre-sales technical discovery, negotiating and closing.
- Thoroughly research and understand a prospect’s business drivers including current status, issues, objectives, requirements and decision-making process. Advise prospects on the best mix of products and services required to meet their business needs.
- Develop sales strategies in the company’s strategic markets, building an in-depth understanding of regulatory and product trends to identify and seize opportunities.
- Build, manage and maintain a substantial pipeline and ensure that all pipeline activity is tracked and surfaced to stakeholders.
- Work alongside Account Management to maximise the commercial value of partners onboarded by nurturing relationships, appraising market and business intelligence for upsell angles and thinking creatively to navigate roadblocks.
- Ensure high levels of communication with prospects, responding to queries, tenders, RFP’s and other requests for information through emails, calls & face to face meetings.
- Fully understand competitor products and services (including strengths, weaknesses and pricing) in order to pitch Right Formula Productions, and its products and services, with a clear competitive advantage.
- Pursue networking opportunities by representing Right Formula Productions at conferences, events and special interest blogs/forums, always maintaining a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Ensure industry and market knowledge is up to date and relevant through proactive independent research.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Right Formula Productions’ suite of products and services, whilst understanding it’s USPs in order to deliver a clear and concise sales message.
We are fully aware of the changing landscape of physical workspaces and therefore have a flexible attitude towards working from home requirements.
Salary discussions will be based on experience.