Junior Connector Developer
- Brighton, Eastbourne
- £20k - 25k per annum depending on experience.
- Full Stack Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
We are seeking a talented individual to join our growing Connector Development team. With either a graduate qualification or a demonstrable track record in development skills, you will join our development team in an entry role into the business. The role suits an individual that is both technically and commercially minded as a large part of the challenge is in understanding customer use-cases and interpreting those requirements.
Our Connector Library is one of our most valuable assets: it needs constant organising, refinement, and perfection. As a Junior Connector Developer you will be responsible for identifying and creating connectors for hundreds of the world’s most popular SaaS applications. Your work will be loved by thousands of users.
You’re technical but you’re also a skilled communicator
Although not necessarily a pure programmer, you will have built or modified a web application or two. You'll drive technically complex projects and be responsible for interpreting that complexity into a simple user experience and this is no mean feat.
You will also need to interact with our clients, providing support on issues that arise, providing advice when they get confused and helping us to document best practise such that we create a library of useful materials that can be self-served by clients.
You’re a team player
We live in Slack and video chat to plan, organise, report, test, and generally ensure the smooth progress of projects. You should be able to collect, process, and summarise complex data into effective communication.
The role will initially focus on Connector Development and Workflow Development with occasional customer interaction.
For the right candidate the role has multiple routes for development within our team.
We’re a young business
It will be exciting, things will evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on diverse projects. You will learn a lot and be able to have a meaningful impact on where Cyclr is heading.
You will need to understand Cyclr’s full capabilities and its significance in the wider market. Conversations with users, partners, and colleagues, could lead to radical changes to features. We value ideas above all else: we expect everyone to be on the pulse of the technology we are integrating.
- Work with our commercial team to identify and prioritise the cloud apps we wish to connect with Cyclr.
- Selecting the features of an API that are commercially important and useful to users.
- Create simple and accurate names and descriptions for API methods.
- Work with our development team to understand partner APIs that may require additional features in Cyclr to be supported.
- Maintaining and updating documentation around your development work.
- Work with our testing team to satisfy end-to-end testing of connectors.
- Maintenance of existing connectors.
- Involvement in content marketing and user education; we need to ensure our users get the most out of your work.
- Talking to users and being able to organise and apply their feedback and requests for new connectors and methods.
- Providing occasional technical support to existing and prospective clients on their use of the Cyclr tools.
- Understanding of object oriented programming conventions.
- Flexible and confident; you need to make this role your own.
- Commercial awareness of cloud apps.
- Ability to learn / right attitude
- Communication for client facing work
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
Working at Cyclr
We set out to be a flexible and adaptable employer. We believe that the best teams perform off the back of their capabilities, application, and initiative and not because they fit in the same box. The most important thing to us is you perform your role, deliver against expectation, and that you are happy. We expect you to be responsible at work and to this end, we offer a high degree of independence.
At Cyclr we strive to:
- Rise as high as we can and get the world to embrace our vision.
- Be proactive and bring our ideas to the fore.
- Accept nothing is impossible and continually and incrementally improve. Try and fail, just don’t fail at the same thing twice.
- Achieve success as a team
- Treat customers as partners and respect the importance of our application as a foundation for their own commercial success
- Promote the wellbeing of our people and recognise the importance of family and life outside of work
Diversity and Inclusion: We value attitude and capabilities above all else. As long as you are professional we make no judgment. We believe that having a diverse, and inclusive team will have a positive impact on our products and services.
Salary: £20k - 25k per annum depending on experience.
Location: We have offices in East Croydon, Eastbourne and Brighton that our staff can access any time, alongside remote working where preferred.
- Compensation - We offer competitive salaries based on experience and locations and we review all salaries annually.
- Flexible Working - Full-time roles are based on 40 hours a week but we trust you to do your role. We are always open to flexible working practices. All team members are encouraged to find working patterns that suit both the business and their lifestyle. Most team members, depending on their role, balance home working with occasional attendance in one of our three office locations.
- Holiday - There is no set allowance for holidays each year as we understand that from one year to the next your needs will change. We, therefore, have an uncapped holiday allowance with all leave being agreed in advance with your manager subject to business requirements. Taking the day off on your birthday is mandatory
- Learning and Development - As a young company we are all learning and are incredibly open to individual learning programs that would help you progress in your role. As we continue to grow there are many opportunities for career progression within the company.
- Pension - We have automatic enrolment to a pension scheme with Nest.
- Social - Life is too short to not have fun. We try to catch up monthly as a team and to get together to recognise key events. Participation is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Travel costs - We will cover all travel expenses when staff are required to travel beyond their usual assigned office location.