Cyclr Systems is seeking additional DevOps resource to join a growing team in supporting and developing the Cyclr application. Location is flexible though South East England is preferable. Our working practises are flexible and homeworking is acceptable, though you will be expected to attend occasional meetings in one of our offices (Brighton and Croydon).
Cyclr Systems is a growing and dynamic organisation that has developed and sells an embedded iPaaS application that enables our customers, who are other SaaS businesses, to offer integration opportunities to their clients.
We operate multi-tenanted production stacks in AWS in multiple locations. Additionally we can deliver our application in a private cloud model and currently offer our clients a choice of deployments in either AWS or Azure. Over time we will extend the cloud suppliers we deal with so there will be an opportunity to gain even wider experience.
Young businesses evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on interesting projects as we develop as an organisation. You will need to understand Cyclr and its significance in the wider market. We value ideas above all else and all team members are invited to contribute to the progression of the company.
In this role, you will work as part of a small team that holds responsibility for the development and maintenance of Cyclr’s cloud infrastructure. This includes:
- Managing both Cyclr’s in-house multi-tenanted AWS production stacks and the development and testing infrastructure.
- Provisioning and maintenance of private application deployments in both AWS and Azure.
- Ensuring seamless operation of Cyclr’s cloud environment as well as proposing and leading any hardware and cloud related changes.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Monitoring Cyclr’s infrastructure to ensure efficient operation.
- Troubleshooting issues.
- Configuring updates.
- Deploying to new instances in both AWS and Azure environments.
Desired skills and experience include:
- 4+ years of experience administering and maintaining DevOps related tools.
- Professional AWS or Azure Certification or equivalent.
- Ideally you will have experience of both AWS and Azure but expertise in one is acceptable.
- You are an expert in code deployment tools (preferably Octopus deploy).
- You are an expert in Infrastructure as Code. (preferably Terraform)
- You are proficient with the Windows and Linux operating systems and have experience with setup and management with both systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Git.
- Organized and methodical approach.
- Multi-tasking and strong communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
Working at Cyclr
We set out to be a flexible and adaptable employer. We believe that the best teams perform off the back of their capabilities, application, and initiative and not because they fit in the same box. The most important thing to us is you perform your role, deliver against expectation, and that you are happy. We expect you to be responsible at work and to this end, we offer a high degree of independence. At Cyclr we strive to:
- Rise as high as we can and get the world to embrace our vision.
- Be proactive and bring our ideas to the fore.
- Accept nothing is impossible and continually and incrementally improve. Try and fail, just don’t fail at the same thing twice.
- Achieve success as a team
- Treat customers as partners and respect the importance of our application as a foundation for their own commercial success
- Promote the wellbeing of our people and recognise the importance of family and life outside of work
Diversity and Inclusion: We value attitude and capabilities above all else. As long as you are professional we make no judgment. We believe that having a diverse, and inclusive team will have a positive impact on our products and services.
Location: We have offices in East Croydon, Eastbourne and Brighton that our staff can access any time, alongside remote working where preferred.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Flexible holidays with prior agreement with your manager.
- Compensation - We offer competitive salaries based on experience and locations and we review all salaries annually.
- Flexible Working - Full-time roles are based on 40 hours a week but we trust you to do your role. We are always open to flexible working practices. All team members are encouraged to find working patterns that suit both the business and their lifestyle. Most team members, depending on their role, balance home working with occasional attendance in one of our three office locations.
- Holiday - There is no set allowance for holidays each year as we understand that from one year to the next your needs will change. We, therefore, have an uncapped holiday allowance with all leave being agreed in advance with your manager subject to business requirements. Taking the day off on your birthday is mandatory
- Learning and Development - As a young company we are all learning and are incredibly open to individual learning programs that would help you progress in your role. As we continue to grow there are many opportunities for career progression within the company.
- Pension - We have automatic enrolment to a pension scheme with Nest.
- Social - Life is too short to not have fun. We try to catch up monthly as a team and to get together to recognise key events. Participation is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Travel costs - We will cover all travel expenses when staff are required to travel beyond their usual assigned office location.