Kahoot! is looking for a developer to support the Website team we’re looking for applicants based in the UK.
Kahoot! is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and we have colleagues in the US, UK, Spain and Poland. We're currently looking for applicants based in the UK where you would work remotely. You should be prepared to travel occasionally to meet colleagues both in the UK and in Oslo to bond and collaborate regularly.
What’s most important is that you are skilled, passionate and enthusiastic about building websites which perform and provide a great experience to our users.
You will be responsible for maintaining and further developing Kahoot.com along with our in-product marketing tools.
We use WordPress to allow our marketers to manage content, but this role is pure website development - not hacking themes together. We build bespoke tools and use the WordPress API to manage content for translations as well as integrations to our platform.
The website team also owns development of our pricing and billing pages and part of the role will be a focus on improving user conversion rates in their journey through our sign up and upgrade flows. We regularly AB test and optimize our pages based on statistical data.
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, 279 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.6 billion participating players in more than 200 countries. The Kahoot! family also includes award-winning DragonBox math learning apps, the Poio learn to read app, the Drops language learning apps, the Actimo and Motimate employee engagement and corporate platforms and Whiteboard.fi, the online whiteboard tool for all educators, teachers and classrooms. The Kahoot! Group is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 250 employees representing 40 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
- Work with our designers, developers - and project leads to develop kahoot.com and Kahoot!'s in-product marketing
- Develop bespoke components, templates and pages in WordPress
- Support the website and content teams with technical assistance
- Ensure our websites are accessible and WCAG compliant
- Build responsive mobile-first web pages and components, accurately translating designs into front-end code.
- Developing bespoke functionality through WordPress themes and plugins
- Support the marketing team and website administrators
- Involvement in project planning and estimation
- Inclusive and conscientious team player your colleagues can rely on
- Knowledgeable about accessibility with a solid understanding of WCAG standards.
- Expert understanding of core front-end web technologies
- Experience working with PHP and WordPress
- Experience coding mobile-first responsive design and layout, with cross-browser/devices support
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar design tools
(To export assets and convert designs to code)
- Curious mindset and proactive learner
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members:
- A competitive compensation package
- Share option plan
- A fast growing environment
- International work environment with over 40 nationalities
- An informal, fun and driven culture
- Flexible working
- Remote work set-up
- Social and company events (virtual and in person)
Please send in your application by December 10, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!