Technology & AV Support Engineer
- Wilton Park
- Steyning, West Sussex
- Grade B3 under the Civil Service Pay Grade.
- Customer Service, IT Support, Project Management
- Contract Type
Purpose of the post
Deliver customer service focused help to enable users to create, maintain and increase daily value from using services provided by the Technology Services Department, including infrastructure, applications, audio visual equipment, devices, accessories, and peripherals. Support and influence the design, implementation, and deployment of new or improved technology services. Ensure the performance of external service and product suppliers.
Work collaboratively with the Technology Services Team to set, meet, and exceed user expectations, acting as the “face of technology services” to the rest of the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving, prioritising, and resolving problems, incidents, and change requests, to agreed service levels using help desk, configuration management, monitoring, and asset management tools
- Configuring, changing, and deploying infrastructure, applications, devices, and peripherals
- Monitoring, detecting, analysing, and improving availability, capacity, performance, and continuity of infrastructure, applications, devices, and peripherals
- Creating, maintaining, and promoting knowledge-sharing resources to users
- Acting as a subject matter expert on technology engineering and AV for users, projects, and leaders
Adhere to the ITIL4 guiding principles
- Focus on value
- Start where you are
- Progress iteratively with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimise and automate
Audio Visual Specific:
- Operate and support presentation, conference, collaboration and associated control systems, offering support and assistance to clients both virtually and in person, ensuring all video conferencing requirements for the client are met in full.
- Evaluate the end user’s requirements regarding all internal events and, where required, arrange for the hire of additional equipment
- Support video conference calls including liaising with remote offices in respect to the setup, testing and running of video conference calls