Senior Platform Developer
- South East England
- Based on experience.
- Back-End Development, Full Stack Development, Software Engineering
- Contract Type
Cyclr is growing and we are seeking to recruit an experienced individual into our Senior Development team. With at least 5 years of relevant development experience under your belt you will be ready for your next move. Our team is small but highly efficient and Cyclr is growing fast. You will be joining our business at a formative stage and will have an opportunity to influence our development direction and growth.
As this is a critical team role, for the right person, there will also be potential to participate in the company equity scheme after an initial 12 month probationary period.
Cyclr develops a powerful SaaS integration toolkit for SaaS companies. With Cyclr clients can quickly create, manage and deliver an amplified suite of integrations from within their own application.
You’re technical but you’re also a skilled communicator
We believe that the real art to software development is not just in the code itself, but understanding the user journey and the ‘real-life’ commercial application of the code. All parts of our business touch our clients on their journey, we expect each and every member of the team to be prepared to interact externally. Our software platform is of critical importance to the clients that adopt it, to the extent that we view them as partners of our business.
You’re a team player
Our team work across multiple locations. As a result, we live in Slack and video chat to plan, organise, report, test, and generally ensure the smooth progress of projects. You should be able to collect, process, and summarise complex data into effective communication.
We’re a young but growing business
It will be exciting, things will evolve quickly, and you will get experience working on diverse projects. You will learn a lot and be able to have a meaningful impact on where Cyclr is heading. You will be helping to establish the foundations of a very large company.
You will need to understand Cyclr’s full capabilities and its significance in the wider market. Conversations with users, partners, and colleagues, could lead to radical changes to features. We value ideas and initiative above all else: we expect everyone to be on the pulse of the technology we are integrating.
- Develop new features for our core platform.
- End to end testing including both manual and automated tests using scripts.
- Help customers and sales team build integrations and troubleshoot technical issues remotely.
- Maintain the cloud computing infrastructure.
- Document platform updates and changes.
- Provide occasional training sessions to clients.
- Provide technical support to our Support Team and occasional emergency support protocol cover.
- Experience in the design of scalable architectures.
- Development experience in C# / ASP.NET or another OOP language, ideally demonstrated in the workplace.
- Experience of working with REST and SOAP APIs.
- Expertise in SQL databases and ORM software, e.g. Entity Framework and Hibernate.
- Expertise in design patterns particularly MVC.
- Software engineering processes, such as version control, TDD, automated build and release, etc.
- Ability to learn / right attitude.
- Communication for client facing work.
- Knowledge of agile software development.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch.
- Knowledge of message broker software such as RabbitMQ.
- Knowledge of load balancers such as Nginx.
- Linux/Windows server configuration and management.
- Knowledge of cloud services/environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of .NET Core.
Working at Cyclr
We set out to be a flexible and adaptable employer. We believe that the best teams perform off the back of their capabilities, application, and initiative and not because they fit in the same box. The most important thing to us is you perform your role, deliver against expectation, and that you are happy. We expect you to be responsible at work and to this end, we offer a high degree of independence. At Cyclr we strive to:
- Rise as high as we can and get the world to embrace our vision.
- Be proactive and bring our ideas to the fore.
- Accept nothing is impossible and continually and incrementally improve. Try and fail, just don’t fail at the same thing twice.
- Achieve success as a team
- Treat customers as partners and respect the importance of our application as a foundation for their own commercial success
- Promote the wellbeing of our people and recognise the importance of family and life outside of work
Diversity and Inclusion: We value attitude and capabilities above all else. As long as you are professional we make no judgment. We believe that having a diverse, and inclusive team will have a positive impact on our products and services.
Location: We have offices in East Croydon, Eastbourne and Brighton that our staff can access any time, alongside remote working where preferred.
Salary negotiable based on experience. Flexible holidays with prior agreement with your manager.
- Compensation - We offer competitive salaries based on experience and locations and we review all salaries annually.
- Flexible Working - Full-time roles are based on 40 hours a week but we trust you to do your role. We are always open to flexible working practices. All team members are encouraged to find working patterns that suit both the business and their lifestyle. Most team members, depending on their role, balance home working with occasional attendance in one of our three office locations.
- Holiday - There is no set allowance for holidays each year as we understand that from one year to the next your needs will change. We, therefore, have an uncapped holiday allowance with all leave being agreed in advance with your manager subject to business requirements. Taking the day off on your birthday is mandatory
- Learning and Development - As a young company we are all learning and are incredibly open to individual learning programs that would help you progress in your role. As we continue to grow there are many opportunities for career progression within the company.
- Pension - We have automatic enrolment to a pension scheme with Nest.
- Social - Life is too short to not have fun. We try to catch up monthly as a team and to get together to recognise key events. Participation is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Travel costs - We will cover all travel expenses when staff are required to travel beyond their usual assigned office location.