Platform Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Platform Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join a hugely talented and world-class engineering team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic environment. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Platform SDET on the engineering team, you will be responsible for the implementation and integration of game-agnostic and company-wide online services with the highest quality. Passion for software quality, professional development and commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be a proactive member of the team and own the automation pipeline
- Play a key role in developing the test framework, automating test scenarios, and maintaining the test infrastructure
- Help accelerate all aspects of product development, releases, CI/CD, and tooling
- Provide the team with a quality strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall Live Services quality strategy
- Work closely with the platform developers, SDETs and dev managers to help ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required
- Enable and encourage developers to implement unit tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the product delivery lifecycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong C/C++ programming background
- Experience with C++ test frameworks such as Catch2 or similar
- In-depth understanding of exploratory testing and its applications
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration) systems such as GitLab CI/CD
- Well-versed in software engineering principles
- Exposure to tools like WinDbg, Wireshark
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Systems and critical thinking mindset
- Experience with modern C++
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell
- Experience of Agile practices
- Game development experience and passion for video games