- Monwell Ltd
- Remote (access to West Sussex preferred)
- £30k - £33k plus working from home stipend
- Contract Type
We are looking for a smart merchandiser with a knowledge of and flair for ecommerce to join our team in a central role. For a small company, we have big partners and big ambitions and we need someone who can harness the full potential of ecommerce for some of the biggest media brands in the UK. With an analytical mind and exceptional people skills, you will develop and implement ecommerce strategies in order to maximise sales, improve conversion and build engaged audiences for each of your accounts.
This role involves working remotely and for either four (preferred) or five days per week. To apply please send a CV and covering letter referencing how your skills and experience match the responsibilities below by 30th November 2021.
- Act as the key point of contact for your clients
- Gain a deep insight into your clients, their audiences and behaviours
- Forge strong links with external stakeholders e.g. editorial and commercial colleagues at our media clients, publishers and suppliers
- Liaise with Gardners on promotional discounts for campaign books
- Line manage x1 Ecommerce Executive
- Select and curate books and products for monthly and seasonal promotions
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop a campaign plan that will help achieve the strategic marketing goals. Identify the best channels and activities to promote each campaign
- Responsibility for the implementation of the campaign plan, working with the Ecommerce Executive to ensure each campaign is well organized, planned, delivered and reported on
- Work with the Head of Marketing to set marketing goals for each of your accounts
- Implement marketing activities across multiple channels and platforms in relation to your accounts
- Brief design, advertising, annual supplements and any other written and visual assets as required
- Manage email channels, including list management, sending, reporting and testing
- Work creatively to develop new marketing opportunities relevant to each client and campaign
- Oversee or directly manage digital marketing channels across PPC, SEO, Display, affiliates and email marketing and social media
- Work with the Head of Ecommerce to set ecommerce and commercial goals for each account
- Plan activities across the year to help reach commercial targets
- Use Big Commerce and associated platforms to ensure each store is kept up to date and regularly refreshed
- Analyse and report on site performance, including sales, channels and responses to campaigns
Skills and experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Experience in digital marketing or ecommerce
- Excellent understanding of ecommerce best practice
- Preference for some knowledge of BigCommerce
- Experience of using online analytics tools
- An interest in books and literature would be a bonus
- Preference for some knowledge of traffic acquisition, A/B testing, and managing customer journeys
Monwell Ltd is an ecommerce company established in 2016. We are the merchant behind online shops for the TLS, the Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express and Archant Community Media, selling books, prints and branded merchandise. We’re a dynamic, independent company with ambitious plans for growth.
Our sites are built with a combination of leading, enterprise-level technologies, including BigCommerce, dotdigital, Searchspring and Comestri. Within our team of 5 we manage all elements of the sites from product curation, marketing, design, operations and site optimisation. Product development and fulfilment are managed by our third party partners.
We work closely with publishers, suppliers and our media partners to ensure our sites are tailored to reflect each publication’s brand and content.
Competitive salary and 30 days annual leave pro rata (in addition to public holidays). Home working compensation available. Flexible working will be considered.