Head of ECommerce
- Monwell Ltd
- Remote (access to West Sussex preferred)
- £40k - £44k plus home working stipend
- Contract Type
We are looking for an experienced ecommerce professional to join our team in a senior role. For a small company, we have big partners and big ambitions and we need someone who can harness the full potential of ecommerce for some of the biggest media brands in the UK. With an analytical mind and exceptional digital skills, you will be responsible for managing, optimising and reporting on the ecommerce operations of the business.
From working with ecommerce managers to understand the goals of our brand partners, to creating high-end customer experiences in our stores, to ensuring we have a highly performant supply chain, you have influence over the full range of the ecommerce spectrum. Informing yourself with as much data as you can, you will ensure that the business has what it needs to deliver its commercial targets.
This role involves working remotely and for either four (preferred) or five days per week. To apply please send a CV and covering letter referencing how your skills and experience match the responsibilities below by 30th November 2021.
- Set and deliver against commercial and performance-based ecommerce objectives for each account
- Responsibility for overseeing the technology stack – Ensure our technology is up to date, secure, fit for purpose and that we are maximising the full potential of the platform and its associated applications.
- Use analytics to understand the key customer journeys on each of our stores and the levers we can pull to influence conversion
- Work with the ecommerce managers to analyse and inform on-site activities and content
- Work with the Head of Marketing to optimise conversion of traffic driven from the various channels (organic, paid, social, email)
- Act as the key point of liaison with the digital agency relating to technical issues and ongoing projects
- Work closely with the digital agency to optimise user experience including site navigation, merchandising and the checkout funnel
- Create documentation and act as team support regarding use of the various platforms
- Be knowledgeable in ecommerce best practice and the latest legal requirements
- Report on the financial and ecommerce performance of each account as required
- Joint line management of ecommerce managers with Head of Marketing
- Work with Directors to identify new markets, new categories and new products
Skills and experience
- At least 3 year of experience in a similar role
- Preference for some knowledge of BigCommerce
- Excellent understanding of ecommerce best practice
- Experience working with digital products and teams
- Experience of using online analytics tools
- Experience of setting and delivering against commercial targets, including reporting
- Ability to drive and manage projects to completion
- An interest in books and literature would be a bonus
Monwell Ltd is an ecommerce company established in 2016. We are the merchant behind online shops for the TLS, the Guardian, The Daily Mail, The Daily Express and Archant Community Media, selling books, prints and branded merchandise. We’re a dynamic, independent company with ambitious plans for growth.
Our sites are built with a combination of leading, enterprise-level technologies, including BigCommerce, dotdigital, Searchspring and Comestri. Within our team of 6 we manage all elements of the sites from product curation, marketing, design, operations and site optimisation. Product development and fulfilment are managed by our third party partners.
We work closely with publishers, suppliers and our media partners to ensure our sites are tailored to reflect each publication’s brand and content.
Competitive salary and 30 days annual leave pro rata (in addition to public holidays). Home working compensation available. Flexible working will be considered.