We are MPB, the world’s largest online platform for used photography and videography equipment. Our platform transforms the way that people buy, sell and trade in photo and video kit.
Headquartered in the creative communities of Brighton, Brooklyn and Berlin, the MPB team includes trained camera experts and seasoned photographers and videographers who bring their passion to work every day to deliver outstanding service.
Following a recent investment, we are growing our Brighton based tech team and are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join us.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will work across a range of disciplines and help drive forward the delivery of tech as MPB grows.
- Line manage a team including mentoring, coaching and career development
- Provide technical guidance and collaboration across teams to deliver solutions
- Work closely with the Engineering Directors and CTO to build and grow the team
- Ensure alignment with architectural principles and best practices
- Contribute to maintenance and development of the MPB platform, driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Work closely with Product Owners and stakeholders to translate ideas into solutions
- Advocate the Product & Engineering team values
- A passion for helping engineers develop and grow
- 6+ Years development experience, ideally with Python (Django) and an established front-end framework (we use React)
- Deep understanding and experience working within a DevOps culture with automation a driving principle
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Understanding of Relational Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Docker both building and running images
- Strong experience working in an Agile / Scrum team, driving best practices in software engineering and a good appreciation of lean principles
Why join the MPB Product & Engineering Team?
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company’s mission with a clear vision of what our product should be. We take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. We foster a culture of quality and openness within the team.
This role is based in our head office in Ship Street, Brighton, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals.
As we return to the office post-Covid we will be working on a flexible hybrid pattern with 2 days office based and 3 days remote.
We offer a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, pension scheme, employee discounts and more.
We are growing our tech team and we’re recruiting for mid-level, senior and lead Software Engineers as well. Get in touch with us at email@example.com if you’d like to have a conversation.
We recognise the benefit of inclusive practices to better build a diverse community here at MPB. Our commitment to ensuring inclusion fuels and connects us as one with the diverse community of visual storytellers that we serve.
MPB customers come from all walks of life, and so do we. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of family makeup, race, sexuality, religion, gender identity, disability or age. At MPB, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and grow.
Want to know more about MPB?........