We are MPB, the world's leading marketplace for photographers & videographers.
With established offices in Brighton, Brooklyn (New York) and Berlin we have reached a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding across a number of departments. As part of these exciting growth plans, MPB are looking for experienced Engineering Managers to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level.
As an Engineering Manager you will work closely with other members of the Product & Engineering leadership team to deliver effective and consistent management of a multi discipline engineering team.
This role is based in our friendly head office in Ship Street, Brighton, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals. We currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely.
- Build and lead a team of software engineers with formal line management responsibility, built on the philosophy of Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose.
- Developing individual career plans with known and understood success criteria.
- Ensure performance feedback is provided consistently and at regular intervals.
- Maintain an up to date and excellent understanding of the technology landscape and approach to running engineering teams, helping MPB to remain attractive to current and future employees.
- Working with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help manage capacity for individual team members and resolving delivery issues/blockers quickly and effectively.
- Help to foster a culture of collaboration and innovation, ensuring the team has the right blend of skills and experience to respond to business opportunities.
- Work with the Engineering Directors and CTO on succession planning.
- Experience providing direct line management of engineers or considerable mentoring experience
- Strong understanding of current engineering development techniques and a clear advocate for continuous improvement.
- Excellent people leadership skills and proven experience growing teams.
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile development methodology such as Scrum
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- A genuine passion for supporting engineers to grow and deliver their best work
- An interest in cloud based infrastructure, Kubernetes etc.
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme and private healthcare from your start date.
You will also have access to our Employee Awareness Pathway, a cycle to work scheme, weekly deliveries of fresh fruit and Friday afternoon team drinks.
Want to know more about MPB?........