- Run Communications
- Flexible with UK Travel a requirement of the role
- £19,000 to £24,000 depending on experience.
- Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
We are seeking a creative and ambitious Account Executive to become an integral and valued part of our team. The role offers excellent career progression opportunities, working with the team on a range of exciting client projects from the outset.
Run Communications is a purpose-driven, sports communications agency with a passion for delivering impactful campaigns that make a measurable difference.
We work with our client partners to deliver creative and memorable communications – inspiring audiences to take action and delivering results that really matter.
We’re passionate about the power of sport in enhancing physical health, mental health and community cohesion and working with people, brands and organisations who feel the same.
We like to do things differently to help our clients stand out. We’re proud to work with a diverse network of people, helping us to shape truly authentic and high-impact campaigns.
Some of the brands we work with include The National Lottery, UK Sport, British Gymnastics, MCC & Lord’s Cricket Ground, Badminton England, World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 and British Wheelchair Basketball.
Account Executive – The Role
The role of the Account Executive will be assisting the team to develop and implement creative communications strategies for our clients and supporting campaigns which drive action and deliver measurable results.
Most campaigns will be consumer focused, typically aiming to increase participation in sport, develop brand engagement and drive footfall for major sports events.
The role will include day-to-day activity across traditional media and digital channels.
Day to day will include:
- Supporting the team in the development and delivery of creative and strategic communications campaigns
- Working with major media brands to pitch and deliver creative PR activity
- Story generation including writing & selling in press releases to media
- Producing high quality written content for multiple platforms
- Producing insightful and dynamic content plans for a range of social media platforms
- Producing and distributing creative and engaging content for our client digital channels
- Assisting the team with athlete & ambassador activity
- Working with directors to identify and approach potential clients, and developing and presenting new business pitches
- Supporting and working closely with client in-house marketing & communications teams
- Monitoring & measuring client media coverage & social analytics and generate accurate reporting of campaigns / campaign activity
- Management of 3rd party design, film and photography agencies
- A minimum of 1-year communications experience – Sports &/or Consumer PR experience preferred
- Knowledge of digital communications, including an understanding of a range of social media platforms
- Comfortable using the Adobe Creative Suite (including Premiere Pro, Photoshop and After Effects)
- Understanding of strategic communications planning, measurement and evaluation
- Track record of planning and delivering activity which drives a measurable outcome
- Project and budget management skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
Desired Skills & Outlook
- A conscientious self-motivator with a desire to work within sports communications
- Someone who is looking to work in a fun but fast-paced team environment i.e., frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.
- Comfortable in dealing with media, senior stakeholders and high-profile public figures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Someone who has their finger on the pulse of digital media, with the ability to recognise new trends and emerging styles of content creation
- A collaborative team player who shows great initiative
- Strong creative approach
- Results focused with attention to detail
- Able to form and maintain strong client relationships
- Research and time management skills
Desired but not essential:
- Experience producing creative video content for social media, including pre-production, filming on location and editing
The role will involve some remote working, as well as two days a week at our offices in Brighton/Hove. UK travel would be a requirement of the role.
Apply for this role at Run by submitting your CV (two pages maximum), along with a 250–300 word pitch as to why you’re the ideal candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday 3 December at 16:00