The reality is, building awesome products is really hard work and that’s why we at ProdPad exist to help unite Product Teams to build outstanding products. As a designer in a product team you know how it works, all the moving parts to juggle, all the different people and processes involved, all the pieces, files, conversation that can get lost in the shuffle. These are the types of problems you will be looking to solve everyday. How can we build a system that not only unites all those moving parts and people together but also provides the framework for great product work to happen in an intuitive and delightful way.
This role will be reporting to our Head of Product.
- 🧐 A keen problem solver: you enjoy working on brand new design challenges, thinking about problems in a different way.
- 👂🏼Empathetic: You’re someone who cares deeply about understanding other humans and their relationships with the products they use and the environment in which they operate.
- 💵 Commercially-minded : You understand our competitive landscape and know how to keep us on top. You understand how to work in an Agile environment and can deploy features quickly and improve them iteratively rather than taking a long time over something 100% perfect.
- 📈 Data driven: You make strategic decisions backed by data and evidence, not just a gut feel.
- 💬 User-centric : You’re passionate about our mission to radically improve the way our users build products and services.
- 👨🏼🎨 Creative: You have creative outlets outside your day job, maybe it’s illustration, musical, pottery or something else.
- 🗣 A great communicator: fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions - you’re able to get people along on the journey with you.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Own and drive design problems within your team across our web app, website and occasional marketing assets.
- Work with key colleagues across the business to develop and drive solutions through conceptualisation, exploration and user validation that makes the design practice at ProdPad better.
- Formulate hypotheses together with our Head of Product and turn them into viable ideas, experiments and initiatives.
- Run end-to-end design processes for a variety of initiatives and ideas to validate/invalidate your solutions with users, using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Communicate your work through journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
- Collaborate with developers to reach high-quality implementations.
- Share, give feedback and build on work with our Head of Product and the wider product team.
- Measure the success of your decisions with the team and iterate when needed
- Contribute to design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice.
This is not an exhaustive list. One of the many benefits of working at ProdPad is that as a rapidly growing company, there is plenty to put your stamp on within the organisation. If you have ideas - share them, you never know where it might lead!
Desirable Skills and Experience*
You ideally have...
- A background in Product Design working with Product-led companies/agencies building and shipping software.
- A love of analysing user data and customer feedback to identify trends and improvements.
- Confidence in selecting, preparing and conducting various research methods best suited to the task in hand.
- A passion for pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design.
- Familiarity with design systems, tools, and brand experience.
- Bonus: Proficiency/understanding of/with coding and coding environments. While you’re not expected to code, an understanding of how things are built and the technologies used is an added bonus.
For a more detailed deep dive into skills required and how you can grow within the team check out our roles matrix here.
* If you tick some of these boxes not all that’s okay! If you’re keen to learn we’re here to teach. Let us know in your covering letter why this is the job for you!
In addition to a competitive salary, we will provide 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays). We also let you pick out your own kit and tools to work with along with all of the below:
- Private Medical Insurance and Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave with pay
- Extra 3 days holiday after 3 years
- 4 day working week in the summer (3 months) at full pay
- EAP Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- A great work life balance
- Team social events
- The opportunity to develop your own skills and role as we grow - we encourage learning and development in your field and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other events.
There's plenty more besides this, so if you think you could be a good fit, then get in contact!
Place of work
Our HQ is in sunny Brighton 5 minutes from the sea and it’s where our product and development team can usually be found with a mix of in office and remote work encouraged across the team. We would love the ideal candidate to be able to head to the office once a week for in person meetings/workshops and ideation sessions but would consider a fully remote role for the right candidate.
What the hiring process looks like
- 15 min hello with our Ops director + Head of Product
- Interview with the team (Zoom or in Person)
- Design Challenge (we pay for your time here, we don’t expect it for free)
- Final Interview