Lead / Full Stack Developer
- Brighton / Remote
- Front-End Development, Back-End Development, Full Stack Development
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world. Brandwatch is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals.
We’re looking for someone with flair, passion and a drive to innovate, to join us and form the technical foundation of our new in-house Web team. Our mission is to build amazing website experiences that push the boundaries of convention and make our prospects and customers purr with delight.
Our websites attract millions of visitors every year. They are often the first touchpoint with which our users interact with our Brand, and ultimately how we win their business. They have pride of place among our product offerings and remain one of our most valuable sources for lead generation. We are excited about bringing new people into the business to contribute and complement our ambitious plans for the future.
Reporting directly to the VP of Brand, you’ll be part of a growing team of designers, developers and marketers.
The role presents a unique opportunity to have a stake in building out an in-house Web team that will be responsible for developing and maintaining consistent, performant, user friendly, always-available SaaS websites that drive the company’s growth worldwide. The key to this is good guardianship of our Brand.
As well as serving our clients and customers, our websites also serve all of our staff. You’ll work with stakeholders from across the company; from marketing, to the product team, to the CEO.
We value people with curious minds, who have the appetite and energy to solve interesting problems, and who are motivated by the possibility of making a positive difference to the lives of others.
The following is an overview of the key duties and obligations of the role:
- Lead the development, deployment and monitoring aspects of all company websites from an engineering perspective, while ensuring they fulfill the goals and objectives of the company.
- Work alongside our web agency to start migrating ownership and responsibility of our website back in-house
- Handle technical and architectural choices to ensure our sites perform optimally and are at the cutting edge of technological innovation.
- Be responsible for security issues and coordinate with Legal to ensure sites are compliant with relevant legislation
- Work with the project manager to delegate developer tickets and complete web based work requested by the marketing team and wider org
- Collaborate with designers to authentically distill design layouts and ideas into compelling website experiences
- Participate with the recruitment and division of developer roles and responsibilities within the web team
- Support the developers in the web team with regular check-ins, coaching and mentorship to ensure they are highly collaborative and effective.
- Establish effective working processes for the developers that nurtures a healthy user-focussed approach that deliver delightful website experiences in a fast paced agile environment
- Participate on A/B testing workflows for the website, testing different CTAs, Banners, Layouts etc.
If you are a talented individual who is motivated by any of the above and wants to work in a highly collaborative Web team where your ideas count and can tangibly make a difference, then please do get in touch with us.
We're looking for someone with:
- Advanced familiarity with version control, Github and Git best practises.
- Keen in maintaining an efficient continuous integration pipeline.
- Familiarity with server and database operations (LAMP stack)
- You’re a people person, and enjoy working in a small, collaborative team.
- Strong team leadership and communication skills with the ability to mentor and coach
- Strong planning, organizational and stakeholder management skills
- A user-focussed approach, an appreciation of UX best practices and critical eye for details
- A good working knowledge of Design Systems and ways of systemising, scaling and documenting design solutions across large organisations
- Appreciation of the design fundamentals: Typography, layout, colour & motion
You might have:
- A passion for data visualisation
- Working knowledge of Node environment
- Familiarity with web components
Flexible & remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.