Who we are
We are the Foundation Stage Forum Ltd and our main product, Tapestry, is used to record the progress and care of over a million young children. If your child is one of them, we’d especially like to hear from you.
We are not an agency, nor a start-up. We are a small organisation, owned and run by our founders, profitable and growing steadily over the past decade.
We are 30-strong, and in normal times everyone (developers, product support and development, founders, education specialists…) works out of one beautiful building in the centre of Lewes, which is near Brighton on the South Coast of the UK.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced software tester to join our test team to ensure that our platform gives users a fault-free experience and safeguards the data we hold. As well as our main Tapestry website, we maintain both an iOS and Android app, and every new piece of functionality needs to be rigorously tested.
You will apply your experience of testing web-based platforms to identify and execute a suitable set of test cases, liaising with development and Product Support teams to ensure everything we deliver is fit for purpose and high quality.
Some of the core skills we look for are:
- Ability to write clear, precise bug reports
- Understanding of web-based applications
- Ability to think creatively to come up with the various edge cases that might apply to a given scenario
- Methodical approach to ensure no gaps in test coverage
- Organisational ability – proactively manage your own workload
You will bring strong commercial experience of system testing web-based applications, and help us to continually improve the way we test. Experience of automated testing and testing mobile apps is a bonus.
We offer flexible working options to suit each individual’s needs but are keen for applicants to be located in easy commuting distance of our offices so that they are able to spend at least some of their time working in the same space as their colleagues.
Why you might want to work for us
We offer a close knit, family friendly working environment. We have a motivated and creative team who enjoy supporting each other as well as our customers.
• A family run, profitable, small business
• Lovely customers
• A uniquely homely office – an award-winning, beautifully renovated, listed Georgian building with large, open spaces and quiet, cosy corners
• A caring team
• 31 days leave per year, plus bank holidays
• Flexible, family-orientated working conditions
If you think this sounds like the right fit for you, and are keen to be part of a market-leading team that makes a real difference to the lives of teachers, children and parents, then we’d like to hear from you. Please get in touch at email@example.com. Check out our other vacancies on the Tapestry careers page https://www.tapestry.info/careers.html
No agencies please