- ICO Partners
- Brighton or Remote
- £32,000 – £35,000 BOE
- Back-End Development
- Contract Type
ICO Partners is looking to recruit a Backend Developer to join our multinational team. We’re based in the vibrant city of Brighton, UK and looking for someone who can join us to build the next generation in PR & Communication tools. The role can be done fully remotely or in person from Brighton, as preferred.
The ideal candidate is a Backend Developer with expertise developing and mantaining services and server infrastructure to be used by frontend applications in a fully distributed fashion. You will be joining a close knit team of people from all over the world, working on cool projects, building the next generation of PR and influencer marketing tools and being a key part of a small team of developers.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining a highly motivated, fun and skilled team, send your CV to email@example.com and/or send us an email to get more info. We celebrate diversity and equal opportunities and strongly encourage applicants from any gender, race and sexual orientation to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are: ICO is an award-winning games publishing agency based in Brighton, UK. We have been around for 13 years and work in three main areas within the industry: Communications, Business Intelligence and Marketing. Our mission is to raise the bar when it comes to publishing, unlocking our partner potential with our expertise and tools.
We are an open, inclusive and progressive place to work, proud to take care of our team’s well-being and mental health. We support our team’s individual development and career progression proactively and strive to make the games industry a better place to work. We encourage and support your hobbies and interests through regular team training initiatives and expertise-sharing activities. In 2021 we won one of the GamesIndustry.biz Best Places To Work Award, celebrating the best companies within the games industry in the UK.
We are proud to represent some of the biggest games in the world, with current projects including Moss: Book II, Northgard and CORE Games. In the past we have worked with studios like Wizards of the Coast, Hi-Rez and Riot Games as well as indie titles such as Armello, Bury Me My Love or A Normal Lost Phone. We regularly feature in games media where we cast a light on the industry news and trends, as well as work with content creators on Twitch and Youtube regularly.
You are: Someone with an interest in videogames (ideally) who’s exciting to build tools for communication professionals in the industry.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of NodeJS, Elixir or other backend languages a must.
- Experience with managing and monitoring Linux server nodes.
- Comfortable with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL…)
- (Ideally) Interest or experience with functional programming principles/languages (Haskell, F#…)
- (Ideally) Experience with Elasticsearch or related technologies.
- (Ideally) Experience with functional-style back-end languages like Elixir, Scala or Haskell
What you bring to the team:
- Fluent English is required to communicate with the team.
- Proven organisational and planning skills and the ability to work self-managed as well as part of a team.
- Comfortable working in multicultural teams and across languages (we use English across the team).
- Happy to multitask between projects as needed.
- Knowledge of working with distributed systems
- Ability to organize and communicate complex projects that involve cross-functional architecture
- Interest in design patterns and systems architecture in general.
- Knowledge and appreciation of software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing.
What you will be doing:
- Working in close collaboration with a small strike-team of developers across a range of tools ICO and its clients use on a daily basis.
- Helping maintain our existing toolset and contribute to the implementation of a new tool as needed.
- Participating in the team daily meetings for coordination.
- Authoring Pull Requests, owning the backend structure for the projects you work on.
- Maintaining ICO’s server infrastructure for existing and future tools.
- Providing development support to our existing tool (developed in Elixir) an helping expand it in the future.
- Playing and testing videogames as needed.
Our backend stack is:
- Elixir / Phoenix.
- Nodes running on Debian.
Benefits & Perks (UK Employees, Non-UK Employees might vary):
- Perk pack with discounts for shops, cinema and more (similar to Perkbox).
- Flexible working conditions.
- Team health activities every month.
- Yearly personal development plan, choose areas you want to learn or improve and we help you make it happen.
- Pension contribution.
- Relocation package available if required.
- Access to mental health support package.
- Company computer provided.
Remuneration : £32,000 – £35,000 (Happy to consider a higher range based on candidate experience).
Location: Brighton(UK) or Remote.
Reports to: Lead Developer
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week