Brighton Fringe Ltd. seeks a highly motivated, target-driven and creative individual for the position of Marketing Manager.
Leading the marketing and communications team, and working closely with all departments and stakeholders (including venues, participants, press, suppliers and commercial partners), the Marketing Manager is responsible for the formulation and delivery of an integrated marketing, press and PR strategy for Brighton Fringe and Jubilee Square. The role oversees, develops and manages the delivery of Brighton Fringe in-house events, including Fringe City, our outdoor showcase event that takes place every weekend of Brighton Fringe.
This is a crucial and wide-ranging role within the central organisation that runs England’s largest and fastest-growing arts festival.
Skills and knowledge required to fulfil key responsibilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, including ICT skills, especially Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in developing effective, target-driven marketing plans and campaigns
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage staff and volunteers and set targets to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget
- Availability to travel and to work flexible hours when required
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team when required
- Experience of managing and working within very small teams or organisations
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to influence and persuade others to gain acceptance or agreement of ideas and approaches
- Has a personal commitment to organisational excellence; displaying honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions and actions
- Works well within a team and able to input where needed
- Resilience and the ability to remain calm and focused under conditions of stress
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- For a full list of responsibilities, please download the full job description.
Key Working Relationships:
- Senior Management Team
- Marketing Team including seasonal Events and Press staff
- Participant Services, Box Office, Relationship and Development staff
- Operations Manager
- Brighton Fringe Chair and Board of Directors
- All other staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of, or interest in, the festival/arts sector, within Brighton & Hove in particular
- Knowledge of council planning procedures for outdoor events
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations relating to events
- Experience of working for a not-for-profit organisation
- Experience of working with volunteers
Please email a copy of your completed application form by 12pm, Thursday 16th December 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is by application form only. Please note that we will not accept CVs as application for this position.
Deadline for applications: 12pm, Thursday 16th December 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 20th December 2021
Start Date: January 2022
Brighton Fringe is a company limited by guarantee and registered with the Charity Commission. We are an equal opportunities employer.