- Brighton, East Sussex
- £18,525 - £20,000 DOE
- Customer Service, Marketing / PR, Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Are you an organised person who is great at the detail stuff? Are you interested to learn more about people and their businesses? And are you are looking for a job that’s different and where you can make a difference?
Brighton Chamber is a not-for-profit membership organisation that brings together Brighton businesses at events and online. From monthly breakfasts to debates and social events, we have nearly 700 members.
The Events Assistant plays a key role in ensuring our events run smoothly and marketing them to a growing audience.
We are looking for someone who’ll provide excellent admin support for the Events Manager and the team and help us to develop and grow our events programme and membership.
Key skills/person specification:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and organised
- Outgoing, sociable and at ease with chatting to new people
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to manage own work
- Creative and problem-solving skills – a can-do, positive attitude
- Able to use initiative and take responsibility
Desirable but can be taught on the job:
- Marketing experience and use of social media for business
- Knowledge of assisting in the organisation of events
- Knowledge of Eventbrite and Mailchimp
- Knowledge of Content Management System (CMS) systems
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply for the position of Events Assistant please send your CV with a covering letter, telling us:
- Up to 150 words about how your skills and experience would make you a suitable candidate for the role.
- Up to 150 words about how being organised and with great attention to detail has helped your work up to now.
The full job description can be found here.
We will be interviewing as applications come in.
Please mention that you found this role on the Wired Sussex jobs site.