- Brighton / Remote
- £28,000 (pro rata)
- SEO & PPC, Editorial / Content, Marketing / PR
- Contract Type
Lighthouse is a Brighton-based arts charity, specialising in connecting new developments in art, technology and society. We provide an accessible programme of training, talks, exhibitions, commissions and education initiatives, and for over 30 years have sought to stimulate inspiration and an enduring interest in art and culture.
The Marketing Manager will play a vital role in communicating and building awareness of Lighthouse’s work, brand and ethos, and drawing new audiences to our building and artistic programme. The next phase of our work will be to develop and implement the organisation’s Marketing & Audience Engagement strategy for the next four years. They will also be responsible for line managing the Communications Assistant.
For more information and to apply visit - https://www.lighthouse.org.uk/opportunities
Interested candidates should send their submission by completing the online application form below. After completing the application form you will receive a link to the diversity monitoring form. https://form.jotform.com/213431877223353
Enquiries should be addressed by email to Alli Beddoes, Artistic Director/CEO - email@example.com
Tenure: Part-time, permanent
Hours: 3 days per week (22.5 hours)
Salary: £28,000 per annum (pro rata)
Deadline: 17 January 2022, 2pm. No late applications will be accepted. We regret we cannot give feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Interview dates: 26 & 27 January 2022 (by Zoom) - shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 20 January 2022.
The Marketing Manager will undertake and be responsible for the following duties:
Content Strategy & Brand Lead
- Work closely with the CEO and Exec Team to communicate Lighthouse’s artistic mission and goals and devise a dynamic and engaging integrated marketing strategy for promoting the organisation’s programme of activities
- Work with the CEO and Lighthouse team, and freelancers/external agencies as required, to produce high-quality shareable content that engages audiences through compelling storytelling, topical discussion and debate, and thought leadership.
- Lead and manage the strategic development of all creative content and copywriting across Lighthouse’s channels and platforms, including:
- Lighthouse website
- Email marketing
- Social media channels
- Press and PR
- Print (where appropriate)
- Work closely with the Programme and Operations teams to develop messaging and produce content that is effective in communicating specific projects and in reaching relevant communities.
- Work with the CEO and freelance designers to develop our visual identity and produce visuals and design assets for use across the organisation’s different activities.
- Devise and implement branding and design guidelines to give a consistent and accessible look and feel, style and tone across all content, communications and marketing.
- Identify and evaluate advertising and promotional opportunities, and negotiate deals with suppliers.
- Appoint and manage freelance designers and other subcontractors, as required.
Press & Media Relations
- Establish good local, national and international connections to identify new opportunities and increase Lighthouse’s contacts for online, print, radio and TV.
- Appoint and manage freelance PR support to develop press releases and other promotional material for the press and media coverage for Lighthouse’s activities.
- Coordinate effective plans for distributing content, delivering press events and other PR initiatives.
- Audience Development
- Develop compelling ways to tell our story and generate dialogue across all digital channels, overseeing and monitoring public interactions to evaluate engagement and build on successes.
- Analyse social media and other data sources to create and effectively disseminate engaging content for our audience.
- Manage all aspects of comms reporting in line with our ACE NPO requirements, including:
- Regular entry and analysis of audience data to the Audience Finder platform
- Ensuring data-sharing agreements are in place with all ACE-funded partners
- Ensure all communications activity aligns with current data protection guidelines.
Data Analysis & Development
- Work with Lighthouse’s team, relevant partners and audience agencies/consultants to engage new audiences, through targeted campaigns that are able to reach young people and diverse communities.
- Oversee the collection of audience qualitative and quantitative feedback, creating and implementing robust monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies that observe the requirements of funders and stakeholders, and encourage maximum audience engagement and feedback.
- Working with Business Development & Partnerships, research and develop initiatives to promote Lighthouse’s status as a charity and encourage digital giving through our website and online platforms.
- Work with the Executive Team to develop, deliver and evaluate campaigns to generate income through venue hire and other commercial assets.
Management & Administration
- Manage the Marketing team, providing support with planning workflow, navigating conflicting priorities and deadlines, and identifying appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- Manage the communications and marketing budget, and provide regular financial progress reports to the Finance Manager.
- Set up and improve systems for planning and managing Lighthouse marketing and press campaigns with the support of freelancers (where appropriate).
- Provide reports for the Board of Trustees every two months with updates and statistics on communications and engagement activities.
- Work closely and flexibly with the Lighthouse team to deliver the aims of the Business Plan.
- Work in the Lighthouse office to provide a friendly, informative and professional point of contact for incoming enquiries.
- Ensure high standards of customer service in all interactions with the public, and represent the organisation externally as required.
- Work in accordance with all Lighthouse’s policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably required by the Executive Team.
Essential Person Specification
- At least 3 years experience in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully creating and delivering high quality marketing campaigns using current digital marketing techniques and capitalising on emerging developments in this field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Line management experience.
- A high level of digital literacy, with strong ICT skills including experience of using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Googledocs and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in numeracy and prior experience of managing budgets.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, and the ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- A strong eye for detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Ability to set targets to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget, and experience of using robust tools and methods to monitor and measure progress and outcomes.
- If no prior experience of working in the arts or cultural sectors, a strong and demonstrable interest in contemporary arts and digital culture.
- Availability to travel and to work flexible hours when required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confidence to represent the company at external and public events