- Huskii Studio Ltd
- Remote working - Brighton to Bournemouth
- £25 - £33k pro-rata (Dependent on experience)
- Front-End Development, Project Management, Design / Creative
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Flexible
- Contract Type
Mid - Senior UX / UI digital designer with strong UX / UI focus
Huskii Studio is looking for a Mid - Senior weight digital design ‘all-rounder’ to join our small but ambitious team.
Full time but will consider flexible working options (eg part-time, short days, etc)
Roles and responsibilities:
You’ll be working in close partnership with both our creative directors and our designer to project manage and lead key creative client projects. We work cross-discipline in digital, print, and branding across many channels but we’re specifically looking for someone who specialises in digital.
- Ability to apply this knowledge to produce high-quality user-focused designs and rich branded digital experiences that delight, inspire, and have a real impact for users.
- Good understanding of UX / UI principles and their application
- Wireframing and designing responsive websites, software and app interfaces (Experience in Figma / Sketch a must)
- Prototyping and specifying animation and responsive behaviours for your designs
- Developer briefing, handovers, and checking of builds. Must have an excellent record of working in partnership with developers to ensure your designs are properly built and pixel perfect, a good understanding of current and emerging technologies, their opportunities, and limitations will be essential
- Design of HTML marketing emails and online advertising
- Report and presentation design
- Packaging design
Your objective as part of our small team will be to provide reliable, accurate, and creative support to two busy design directors and our clients. Managing your own projects and building strong relationships with our clients. Enabling us to hit our deadlines and offer a high level of service to our clients as we seek to expand our client base, by offering both one-off project-based work and ongoing support contracts for longer-term clients. Bring a positive can-do attitude!
We’re looking for someone who can take responsibility for key client accounts or projects, manage their time well while juggling multiple projects and become a reliable contact for our retained clients. We’re regarded as an extended part of many of our client's teams so great people skills are a must. Anyone who can look to build on and expand relationships and opportunities with our clients would be highly regarded.
The role is offered as a permanent contract subject to a 3-6 month probation period. With the opportunity to expand your role in the future. We are happy to consider flexibility in working hours/days.
Experience and qualifications:
You should have a design degree or equivalent qualification and a portfolio of high-quality work for commercial clients.
You’ll need a minimum of 5+ years studio experience and good references.
You will be a self-motivated, creative, and detail-orientated individual who takes the initiative to learn and progress your skills and knowledge. You’ll need to be focused and good at keeping motivated and managing your time so you can keep on task and to deadlines whilst working alone. You’ll also be required to pull together as part of our team to work on larger goals. You’ll need to have a keen interest in design trends and UX and be a strategic thinker who keeps both client goals and the user/audience front of mind. You should be confident but ready to receive and action feedback in good grace - no room for egos at Huskii! We’re looking for someone who wants to progress their career in design and grow with our agency - we’ve got ambitious plans!
- Figma (designers who use Sketch will be considered but Figma is preferred)
- Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign)
- Excellent time management skills
- Presentation skills - able to articulate your ideas and explain your design process and thinking clearly and persuasively.
- Exemplary online communication skills - both by video call, slack messaging, email and updating of online documents, records and our project management tools (asana)
About the company:
Huskii Studio is a micro design agency originally based in Brighton, UK and now working remotely and located along the south coast. You’ll be joining as the fourth member of our team. We have a varied client base but focus on working with other ambitious small businesses and startups to help them engage with their target audiences, grow and create equity in their brands through all channels of communication. Seeing our clients succeed is what really makes us tick and we enjoy being an extension of their teams. We cultivate a straight-talking relationship with our clients which is highly valued by them. We don’t miss deadlines and we always stick up for what we believe is right - in design and more widely.
Last year we made a commitment that is important to us - to become a carbon positive company and will make monthly contributions per staff member through Ecologi to achieve this.
We also value the mental health of all team members - a happy team is a productive, creative team! That’s why we pay for a yearly Headspace subscription for each team member. Our aim is to work hard and finish on time - so extended working hours are avoided whenever possible. It’s not good for us or our output.
Our team is spread out across the south coast in Brighton, Worthing and Brockenhurst.
You’ll need to have space and the needed equipment (desk / chair / monitor) to work at home with a good internet connection.
You’ll ideally be located within commuting distance of Brighton or Brockenhurst to work together with the team at least once a month / for meetings when required. Some financial support with occasional coworking office costs will be offered depending on individual circumstances.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 - £33,000.00 per year
We're working from home