About NLS and the Role
NLS are a fast-paced, busy and growing digital agency within the healthcare, government and technology sectors. We thrive in making digital products like apps, e-learning, websites, digital services, and digital marketing campaigns for our clients. Our commitment to exceptional customer service means we have a great record of retaining our clients and attracting new business. In fact, we are proud to claim that we are growing at 40% - 50% per annum.
We work hard and play hard so whilst there’s a low-level, buzzy environment in the office, there’s always quiet space too. We don’t have bean bags, but we do have beer on tap, some very decent coffee and we hold many social events to decompress and mingle!
We are now looking to add another experienced and versatile Backend Developer to our technical team. You will have the opportunity to influence how we work, with your views and recommendations helping to finesse our approach and technology roadmap.
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a full-time, permanent role, with a salary in range of £40k - £45K, dependent on experience and potential
- We offer a company contributory Pension Scheme
- We value our staff and operate a Reward & Recognition scheme, including bonuses and gifts
- You will have access to valuable support via our Employee Assistance Programme (with BHSF Connect)
- Access to a generous holiday allowance, including your birthday off
- Central Brighton location (hybrid working will be considered)
- Training & Development opportunities, including regular reviews
- Demonstrable commercial experience in software and web development
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to work with other Developers to review own work and share best practice
- Drupal experience, preferably 8 & 9
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge of frontend JS frameworks, such as React or Vue
- Experience building WordPress sites
- Experience managing servers (mainly Linux)
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker) and CI/CD pipelines
- Node and .NET C# experience
- Experience working in Agile project teams
- Experience working within an agency environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud
- Experienced in backend development and have the drive to get the work done
- Able to solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Recognise what you are good at and where there are gaps
- Thrive as a team player and are willing to teach and to learn
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before schedules are impacted
We currently follow the government’s COVID-19 guidelines, with a mix of working remotely/in the office. Under normal circumstances, you would be expected to attend our offices in Brighton, East Sussex and as such must be able and willing to commute when required. Hybrid working will be considered. You must also have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Applications will be reviewed from 4th January 2022.