Eljays44 Ltd is a media, publishing and events business situated in Rustington, West Sussex. We have an exciting opportunity for a managing editor to join our team in 2022.
We are a market leader and have high standards of presentation in everything we do. We publish a number of titles, from B2B magazines including the market-leading Pro Landscaper to our first consumer publication, Dream Garden.
The successful candidate will need to become embedded in the industry. They will collate stories and features focused on the landscaping sector and tailored to our readers. Each month, they will plan and produce the content for our flagship magazine Pro Landscaper, including interviews and portfolios. They will liaise with the sales team and the production team to ensure each issue goes to print on time and to a high standard.
The primary location of this role is office-based; however, you may need to travel to various locations to meet with clients or attend events, as per business requirements.
- Proven experience in an editorial/journalism role – essential
- The ability to engross yourself within the marketplace - essential
- Understand the role of B2B magazines and their importance within their sectors - essential
- Ability to identify and deliver new relevant initiatives/content - essential
- Competent in managing your own time as well as managing others to ensure deadlines are met – essential
- Ability to make quick decisions and take a logical approach to your work - essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - essential
- Able to self-manage and proactively take on new projects. Using your initiative to drive our brands and display perseverance to achieve monthly deadlines – essential
- High level of attention to detail – essential
- A positive attitude and determination to succeed - essential
- Knowledge of the horticultural industry - highly desirable.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive bonus scheme
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms.
- One-hour lunch break (Monday to Thursday), early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
- Flexible working available.
Average Working hours: 35 (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Deadline for applications: 4th February 2022
Eljays44’s policies ensure equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.