User Experience CRO
Alternative Airlines are looking for a User Experience CRO to take on a newly created autonomous role. This is ideal for someone looking to take the next step in their career or looking to specialise in user experience and conversion rate optimisation. You'll be given the opportunity to manage the CRO strategy and push forward your ideas from conception to fruition.
Alternative Airlines is a fast-growing flight search and booking platform. We have built a strong online presence, www.alternativeairlines.com, with an ultra-quick flight booking capability and an expanding, global customer base of customers. With a new customer-focused approach to a huge, well-established market for air travel, the organisation has built a reputation for innovation, attention to detail and doing things differently.
Alternative Airlines is enjoying a period of high growth we are excited for further growth once country borders are opened and travel restrictions are lifted.
From 2016 to 2019 our revenue grew by 86% each year from £2.9m to £19.0m. In 2021, we're on track to generate £27m. And, by 2023, we're targeting £100m revenue.
We are continuing to grow and want to expand our team to include an ambitious, inquisitive and capable User Experience CRO looking for the next step in their career.
The User Experience CRO will join the UX Team and report directly to the UX Lead.
Working within the UX Team means you’ll be part of a much wider Tech Team that also includes engineering and product. Our Tech Team moves fast, is constantly testing, and strives to deliver changes frequently and efficiently - An ideal environment for iterative website optimisations.
You’ll be a self-starter who can identify, design and help deliver changes to the website that have a positive impact on conversion rates and revenue.
You’ll have a keen eye for spotting areas of improvement from both analytical data and your experience in user experience and CRO. You’ll be a confident communicator with the ability to report on test results in a simple and effective manner and follow an evidence-based approach to website optimisation using quantitative and qualitative methods.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for measuring and managing the day-to-day funnel performance of the end-to-end search and book journey. You’ll have the ability to test and make rapid changes across the website, booking journey, and post-booking experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing business in a newly created varied role to develop and improve the Alternative Airlines experience as it continues to succeed with its ambitious and innovative growth in a global travel market.
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience across the website
- Identify conversion rate optimisation opportunities in the flight and ancillary booking flow
- Discover ways of improving post-booking retention
- Manage the day-to-day search and book funnel performance
- Carry out data and funnel analysis to identify abandonments and improve key pain points in the journey
- Manage A/B and multivariate tests including the hypothesis, design and results.
- Provide insights to key stakeholders within the business
- Work closely with the UX lead and UI designer to ensure all changes meet our usability standards, branding and style guidelines
- Collaborate with teams on larger projects and give UX and CRO recommendations
- Support the UX Lead in assessing new website developments and UX improvement opportunities.
- Conduct competitor research and analysis to discover the latest trends
- Actively use a variety of tools such as heatmaps, surveys, screen recordings and Google Analytics to gather customer insights
- Work with the commercial team to help measure the success of new initiatives and online tests
- A self-starter who is keen to drive changes in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative and confident to experiment with new ideas
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS to create simple A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience working with A/B testing tools such as Google Optimise
- Analytical skills with experience using data analysis tools such as Google Analytics and Hotjar
- Great communication to present ideas and results
- Previous experience working in a UX or CRO role
- Experience working in a business that has hi-value purchases
- Experience working with design tools such as Figma
- Experience working with a travel brand
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Fully remote role with the option to work from our offices in Horley (RH6)
- Monday to Friday
Why Work with Us
- Our people matter, they are what drives our success. Therefore we have created a culture where we put our people first
- We understand the importance of having a good work-life balance
- We challenge ourselves daily and move at pace
- We try new things and make decisions on them quickly
- Optional working from a modern office with free parking
If you want to help us on our mission and the above job description and our values match your skills and experience then we urge you to apply for this role. We want great, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, motivated people to join our team, and we look forward to hearing from you!