Full Stack Developer
- Platform Group Ltd
- Brighton 2 days per week / Remote
- £45,000 to £60,000 depending on experience.
- Full Stack Development
- Contract Type
We connect brands and people through insight led design and technology.
Working world-wide for some of the biggest brands on the planet, we seamlessly combine brand, digital and interior design services into a strategically focused tool for change, creating truly amazing, award-winning brand experiences for staff and customers.
We are looking to expand our digital team to help develop our applications. You’ll be working with a diverse team of developers, designers, strategic thinkers and passionate people. You’ll get the chance to shape the development paths of the applications and be part of a great team as well as getting the chance to meet and work with client teams.
Working at Platform is fun, exciting, and dynamic. Our digital products include a virtual/hybrid event platform, a 3D storytelling platform and collaborative apps for brainstorming and workshopping.
We are looking for problem solvers, not just people who know how to write code. You need to be able to deconstruct large customer journeys and user requirements, into smaller user story led component style architectures working towards overall clean, scalable architectures.
You should have a good understanding of API design and third-party API consumption methodologies, as well as a good understanding of how optimise and improve performance.
Not all our development is web focused, some is hardware management, so an interest in large scale AV management and processing is a bonus.
Ideally you should have consultancy experience, be comfortable liaising and leading client discussions as well as communicating well across internal teams.
Managing GCP services and understanding Firebase are a bonus though solid experience of microservices and distributed systems would suffice.
Why come and work with us
If you're looking for a role that is out of the ordinary, this is the place to come. We don’t just want developers to build great software, we want developers who are passionate about creating a great user experience and taking ownership of the outcome.
Being part of a team that works on exciting projects, with some of the world’s premier brands, creating software that has a purpose and produces positive outcomes. Being part of a small, but growing dev team, you will have the opportunity to develop your career path, work with creatives and help shape the direction of the digital team at Platform.
Benefits of working for us include; flexible working at home and in the office, 25 days holiday, contributory company pension, free tea, coffee and fruit in the office and a professional development / training budget for all staff members.
• At least three years' experience as a Node.js developer.
• Track record of building well defined and scalable RESTful APIs.
• Can demonstrate sound security principles and scalable security API design.
• Knowledge of front-end web technologies (we use Vue)
• A good understanding of GCP or AWS including deployment methodologies.
• Solid understanding of Firebase including Firestore, Firebase Auth and Firebase Functions.
• Micro service architecture build and deployment experience
• Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
• Great organisational and time management skills.
Role and responsibilities
Key responsibilities are to:
• Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
• Ensuring optimal performance of databases and responsiveness to front-end requests.
• Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
• Designing back-end services for various business processes.
• Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
• Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
• Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
• Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
• Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.