Are you at a point in your career where you want to work for a company with strong ethics that has an impact on the world.
MPB is a tech company headquartered in Brighton (hybrid working). We have built our own platform and we buy and sell used photography and videography equipment around the world. We believe in the recirculation of equipment and ensuring that we reduce as much waste as we can. Sustainability is at the heart of what we do, as is accessibility to equipment for all people.
As we continue to grow, we’re recruiting for a number of Software Engineer positions from Associate through to Lead positions and we’re looking for people who share our values and who want to work in a diverse team.
Led by Sophie Davies-Patrick, winner of the CTO of the Year at the Women in IT Awards 2021, you’ll be working with a vibrant team on a range of projects.
Sophie has implemented career frameworks for the team so that you will know exactly how your career can progress and it is tailored for the direction that you want to take.
Our standard working week is 37.5 hours, but we aim to be as flexible as possible. If you’re looking for part time work or want to explore job sharing or talk to us directly about your needs, then don’t hesitate to apply or get in touch with us at email@example.com
Your day to day
- You’ll be designing and implementing Python web services in Django and Flask
- Collaborating with Frontend Engineers and Test Automation Engineers to ensure integrations with APIs are correct and complete
- Documenting your APIs so they can be consumed downstream byt the Frontend and Test Automation teams, as well as the Data Analytics teams
You’ll need some of these skills
- Experience with Python
- Django framework & ORM skills
- Experience managing Git workflows
- Understanding of Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker, both building and running images
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
At MPB we support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
We provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme, private healthcare from your start date and flexible hybrid working options.
You will also have access to our EAP, a range of employee discounts, a buzzing social calendar and a dog friendly workplace.
How to apply
If you have an up to date CV, hit apply and we will get in touch with you. If you don’t have an updated CV to hand, or you want to find out more, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to our Internal Recruiter.
Everyone will receive a response.
We are following all government guidelines. When restrictions ease we will return to a hybrid working pattern of approx 2-3 days in the office.