- Thrive Wearables
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Office / Administration
- Contract Type
Thrive Wearables create world changing health and wellness wearable technology. We are seeking an exceptional, energetic Office Manager to join our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team, working on some truly innovative and exciting projects.
Why work at Thrive?
We work exclusively with clients in the health, wellbeing and fitness industries and we believe the work we do should have a positive impact on the world. We use our technical expertise to advise clients, (re)design their products, and build their roadmap for global-scale production. We not only solve our clients’ problems, we strive to exceed their expectations of design and research.
As well as client work and partnership development, everyone at Thrive has the opportunity to instigate and work on our internal projects and innovations.
Our office in the heart of Brighton is surrounded by excellent shops, food options and pubs. We're a close-knit and diverse team with a shared interest in technology, health & wellbeing.
About the role
This is a great time to join a growing company, with the aim of being a big player in the IoT market in the UK. The Office Manager will play a lead role in the success of Thrive, working closely with the Senior Leadership Team and across the business to ensure the smooth running of the office environment. We’ve got a lovely office in the heart of the North Laine in Brighton, and we are looking for someone to look after it with us!
Skills and experience:
The Office Manager role would suit someone who values people and systems, and is passionate about playing an integral role in cultivating company culture. They’ll have experience ensuring business operations run efficiently and smoothly, as well as excellent organisational skills. They’ll be the face of our office, offering strong and reliable support to the team and the business, and nurturing the environment our people love. The Office Manager will:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in office management or similar role that could demonstrate transferable skills
- Have basic experience administering day-to-day budgets
- Have experience managing business operations
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication and time-management skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Have experience handling confidential information
While we don’t expect the successful person to have all these skills, we’d like to see examples that could demonstrate the potential to learn and progress within the role. We are looking for someone with passion for their work and in return we offer an environment that allows autonomy and space for a growing remit.
Office Manager accountabilities and responsibilities:
As we’re a relatively small team, all roles offer a diverse range of activities. We know that in order for a team to function well, clear accountability is needed, and we have an Accountability and Responsibility framework across the organisation.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves working across multiple work streams, always being able to prioritise work to have the highest impact. The Office Manager will:
Office management tasks
- Being the face of Thrive, welcoming all guests into the Thrive office as well as answer and route calls in a friendly manner
- Provide day-to-day support for the smooth running of our business including managing our cleaners, IT, phones, post, licences, stationery, keeping our office smart and tidy and making sure all equipment is in good condition, usable and available
- Manage Thrive’s contractual responsibilities, including office lease administration and insurances
- Ensure Thrive’s adherence to health & safety and fire risk regulations
- Manage efficient systems and processes, such as company project management system, HR tools and password management
People management tasks - work in collaboration with our Head of People to:
- Support with our recruitment, including checking job specs and posting them live, managing candidates through our recruitment process, advising teams on progress and closing jobs once filled
- Lead the on/off-boarding and induction process, including preparation of contracts and ensuring they have access to everything they need
- Implement progressive employee benefits and policies to support our culture
- Line management of our Recruitment and People Operations Executive and Bookkeeper
People Engagement tasks
- Support the health and wellbeing of our team
- Administration of employee engagement surveys and associated action plans
- Assistance with general financial processes including procurement, budget management, banking and payroll
Salary and Benefits
- £35-£40k Depending on experience
- EMI share options to be introduced during 2022
- 25 paid holidays + Bank Holidays
- Health, wellbeing and lifestyle advice/counselling through our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Brilliant location in the heart of Brighton, with remote and flexible working options
- Great snacks!
- Bike to work scheme
- Charity giving scheme
Similar searches: Brighton and Hove, Office / Administration