- Box Animation Studio
- Basic salary of £28-35k depending on experience
- Animation, Design / Creative
- Contract Type
We’re looking for a talented, experienced illustrator to join our animation studio in the beating heart of Brighton.
You must be highly skilled in creating vector based illustrations. Ideally you should have an interest in animation and sequential narrative, and maybe can already animate a little, or be very interested in developing this skill.
The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for composition, with a portfolio that showcases multiple illustration styles. We place real emphasis on strong design with creative use of colour, light and space. We work with global brands so brand experience is a big plus too.
You will be working closely with the Creative Director and other members of the creative team to craft highly engaging content for our varied clients across a broad range of styles, from project inception right through to final delivery. Our ideal candidate isn't phased under pressure, is able to meet tight deadlines, is imaginative, fast, and has strong communication skills.
Box Animation Studio is a company that’s growing fast. As part of a small, tight team that’s always busy there will be plenty of possibilities to learn new skills and gain experience, as well as the opportunity to advance within the company as we grow based on your performance and our success.
• Creating illustrations and assets for animated content from the ground up. Especially characters.
• Ability to generate eye catching style frames and pitch work.
• Creative brainstorming & moodboarding.
• Storyboarding and scamping.
• Interpreting and breathing life into brand guidelines, reading inbetween the lines of a brief.
• Presenting your ideas.
• Liaising with colleagues, freelancers and clients.
• Delivering pixel perfect design assets.
• Constantly pushing the creative standards for The Box and all works produced.
• Working on and switching between several projects and managing your own time effectively.
• Be able to deliver work under pressure and against tight deadlines.
• On occasion some weekend work may be required to meet tight deadlines, we'll always do our best to give that time back as soon as possible.
Essential skills required for applicants:
• A strong illustration portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of styles.
• Ability to breathe real life and charm into your character designs.
• A solid understanding of core Graphic Design and typography principles
• Strong Adobe Creative Suite skills (crucially Illustrator and Photoshop, bonus if you have an understanding on any animation software)
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Keep up to date with industry trends.
• Superb attention to detail.
• A plus if you have worked directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts.
Flexible working arrangement offered
Office based massages