- Remote (though Sussex-based is preferable)
- Up to £45,000 DOE
- Business Development, Account Handling, Marketing / PR
- Mid-Level, Senior-Level
- Contract Type
Are you a people person? Are you naturally curious and inquisitive? Can you communicate marketing strategies and tactics in a way that feels accessible to everyone?
We’re searching for an Account Director to join our team.
You’ll enjoy developing strong, long-term client relationships that are rooted in providing excellent service and delivering solutions aligned with our client’s marketing objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is naturally organised, with proven project management experience and who is motivated by the opportunity of an end-to-end client services role.
It’s important to us that you are positive, pragmatic and willing to share your marketing knowledge.
In return, you’ll be joining a team of skilled specialists, with lots of opportunity for training and personal development and all the benefits of being in a remote-first company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identifying, understanding and documenting our client’s business objectives and targets
- Uncovering our client’s marketing assumptions and motivations
- Surfacing, sharing and finding solutions for client risks and opportunities
- Building and maintaining trusted client relationships
- Client retention and achieving account growth targets
- All aspects of project management, namely ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within budget and meet the goals and expectations of our clients
- Supporting the creation of marketing strategies alongside our team of marketing specialists
- Reporting on marketing performance
- Supporting our agency lead generation, pre-sales and new business pitches
- Creation and documentation of all account management processes
- Management of the Account Management team (in the future)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Customer-centric with first class interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and active listening skills, with confidence in presenting to a wide range of marketing professionals
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite products
- Experience in using marketing software for reporting, analysis and research
- Demonstrable experience in account management within the marketing industry (as a guide, 5+ years)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in working towards a sales performance target
- Demonstrable experience in project management, managing multiple projects and relationships and comfortable in using project management and communication tools
- Able to exhibit a high level of attention to detail, with proven experience in producing marketing presentations, proposals and contracts
- Demonstrates a structured and methodical way of working, comfortable in managing with competing demands and effectively prioritise tasks
- Upsell commission payments
- Dedicated training time (at least 12 days per year)
- Monthly personal development meetings
- Access to a team training and wellbeing budget
- Access to a WFH budget (to make your home office as comfortable as possible)
- Lunch & Learns with a variety of marketing and business professionals
- Guaranteed ticket to BrightonSEO
- Discounted BrightonSEO training
- Ability to build your industry profile through BrightonSEO and our Internet Marketing Podcast
- Flexible working hours and culture
- 25 days of annual leave per year, with an extra day added for every year of service
- A generous work-based pension scheme
- Ability to buy additional annual leave
- Ride2Work scheme
- Dental plan
- Free network railcard
- Bring your dog to work (we’re based in dog-friendly Plus X)
Note: We’re a remote-first company, but being Sussex-based is preferable given the location of the majority of our team, our clients, and the nature of this role.