B2B Business Development Manager
We are looking for a proactive, driven and organised B2B Business Development Manager to manage business development activity for our award-winning B2B marketing consultancy.
We work with exciting global business brands to help them lead change on issues from sustainability and global trade to digital transformation and the future of work. This is an exciting time for our growing business, and we are looking for a B2B Business Development Manager to manage our business development and help us achieve the next level of growth.
Reporting to the New Business Divisional Director, you will have overall responsibility for generating a new business opportunity pipeline to enable us to meet our annual growth targets and supporting the senior leadership team (SLT) to effectively convert new business opportunities.
Your mission is to get our outstanding team and their award-winning work in front of marketing and business decision-makers in large corporate clients in the UK, the US and other key business locations, and to help us convert leads into client relationships.
This will include:
- Proactive lead generation activities including proactive outbound campaigns, events, partnerships, networks etc.
- Responsibility for supporting effective conversion of leads
- Responsibility for all new business-related processes and data – and the optimisation of these processes to improve efficiency, lead conversion etc.
- Responsibility for all new business-related materials including the management of regular updates and maintenance.
New business and innovation: Proactive lead generation
- Proactively manage inbound and outbound lead generation activity.
- Support the New Business Divisional Director to develop and deliver a rolling annual growth plan covering all divisions, including detailed sector growth plans and activity programmes for each division developed in partnership with Divisional Directors and our senior team.
- Manage proactive outbound lead generation campaigns using key martech platforms, webinars, partnerships etc. To include:
- Leading “who, why and when?”, cold outreach by email, managing follow up across the team and tracking activity.
New Business Management and Processes
- Accurate building and management of all data, CRM and prospects lists with GDPR compliance.
- Manage inbound leads process, ensuring timely response by appropriate DD (2 hours) and implementation of our new business process. Responsibility for effective tracking of leads.
- Support DDs with major procurement RFIs including maintenance of standard response templates and data, and ensuring accurate comprehensive completion and quality control.
- Conversion monitoring - collation of pitch debrief feedback from the team and client, identification of key learnings and recommendations.
- Responsibility for all outbound and inbound new business-related materials with support from marketing and content team e.g. outreach emails, one-pagers, creative outreach materials etc.
- Supporting the new business DD to provide accurate and timely reporting on new business activity (e.g. tracking of inbound leads and outbound outreach, progress of pitches and proposals). Provide regular team Huddle updates and quarterly evaluations of new business performance and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Champion business development across the consultancy.
- Manage upwards to ensure effective lead generation and conversion.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing and content teams to ensure that marketing and business development are aligned and working effectively together.
- Share best practice across the business to ensure new business learnings / pitch innovations are shared widely.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback, support and guidance using the Dog Development process.
You will work closely with the following team members to support effective delivery of your role – bringing smooth coordination and consistency to our business development process:
- Divisional Directors responsible for proposal and pitch content and presentations.
- Marketing team responsible for content, PR / social media and awards programme.
- Content team responsible for website, website content and copywriting of required updates to case studies, credentials etc.
- Finance team/MD will provide support with procurement / RFIs, commercial and legal.
- Extensive lead generation experience working across key data and martech platforms.
- Proven experience in a B2B business development (but not purely sales), or similar role.
- Experience in B2B business development for an agency, consultancy or similar services business.
- The following more specific experience would also be valuable but not essential:
- Experience targeting large corporate B2B decision-makers, including CMOs.
- Experience working within a small or mid-sized entrepreneurial business to engage with large corporate customers.
- Experience responding to large corporate procurement teams.
- Knowledge or experience of our target industry sectors, including financial services, technology and /or professional services.
- Highly organised individual able to project manage and create and maintain effective processes and systems to ensure the smooth running of business development operations. Capable of juggling multiple responsibilities and priorities, calm under pressure of deadlines
- Driven, self-starting and goal-orientated with proven experience in delivering activity and results.
- A strong communicator – written and verbal - with excellent attention to detail.
- A polished and professional individual adept in building senior relationships and networks and managing key partnerships.
- Able to work both autonomously and in teams, effectively manage upwards to keep senior leaders on track, collaborate with our marketing / content team and work across teams to help them and the organisation to maximise potential.
Check out our Instagram account to keep up to date on our latest adventures.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com