Senior Software Tester
Madgex have been providing job board and career technology for over 20 years. We work with world-renowned brands and organisations, including the Guardian, Financial Times and Gumtree. Our products impact tens of millions of people searching for work every year. Madgex has been named in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ and ‘Great Places to Work’.
We are looking for a Senior Software Tester to join our expanding Job Board team to help drive the delivery and planning of our modular API-driven platform.
You’ll work with our CTO on the creation and delivery of the strategy, whilst remaining hands-on and ensuring testing is represented to a high level in all aspects of our development life cycle.
You will be responsible for providing support to the rest of the team and ensuring technical and process excellence is maintained across all of our workstreams.
Our focus is on automation. We currently use TestCafe to provide regression suites for the front ends and Postman to test our API’s. We use tools like Docker, Jenkins, and AWS to run our tests in a CI process. Our team regularly experiments with new technology, and we’re open to new and fresh ideas on tools we should be using.
We are currently a team of three Testers with a mix of remote and office-based colleagues. Our post-Covid return to the office is currently optional; however, Madgex’s Brighton office is open and we are working on our future approach to hybrid working.
How you will make an impact:
- Assisting with the leadership of the team to ensure our product releases are as good as they can be
- Working with the CTO to define a test strategy and ensure it remains relevant as we adapt our approach, helping the business to define success criteria and understand the balance between time and risk
- Help build out our automated tests suite using tools such as TestCafe and Postman (though we’re open to any new technology that helps us solve problems)
- Play an important part in our scrum process, coordinating with development teams to build and maintain sprint acceptance criteria
- A hands-on approach; finding and reporting bugs which impact our services.
- Support our teams, through training/workshops/mentoring, to educate the business on quality and testing
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in leading and carrying out testing, planning, writing and executing tests
- Experience performing manual and automated tests, ideally in the technologies we use
- Experience with testing REST and GraphQL APIs – ideally automated and manually
- Experience with testing microservices
- Experience of CI/CD
- Experience leading/mentoring people
- The ability to keep learning and adapting to new technology & tools
- Innovated and introduced the latest technology in a commercial environment
- Able to plan, set priorities and manage several complex activities simultaneously
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using agile frameworks (Kanban, Scrum etc)
- Excellent communication skills to tech and non-tech savvy people and good attention to detail.
Even if you don’t think you have all the experience we’d like in our ideal candidate, we’re keen to hear what you can do.
About Madgex and Wiley
In March 2020, Madgex became part of the Wiley group, combining Madgex’s job board expertise with Wiley’s publishing experience. As part of Wiley, Madgex can continue to partner with the world’s most prestigious organizations across publishing, journalism, associations and recruitment, providing the cutting-edge job board technology, continuous innovation and expert support we are known for.
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.