Associate Product Owner
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Madgex has been providing job board and career technology for over 20 years. We work with world-renowned brands and organisations, including the Guardian, Financial Times and Gumtree. Our products impact tens of millions of people searching for work every year. Madgex has been named in The Sunday Times ‘100 Best Companies to Work for’ and ‘Great Places to Work’.
As an Associate Product Owner, you will work with the Senior Product Manager to help deliver the product strategy. Working alongside a team of talented developers, designers and researchers, you’ll have the opportunity to create intuitive, accessible products that our users love.
In this role, you’ll be working on our Jobseeker Product, used by millions to search, research and apply for new jobs. You’ll understand what motivates a candidate to apply, how to give them the information they need and how to measure success.
If you are passionate about amazing user-experiences and data-led decision making, we’d love to hear from you. This role is ideal for someone with a background working on a digital product who is keen to take a step into the world of Product Management.
How you will make an impact:
- Helping delivery of the Product Roadmap
- Turning high level feature requests into smaller, actionable and clearly written user stories
- Working closely with developers, designers, and quality assurance teams to ensure product enhancements solve customer problems
- Providing detailed reporting on the success of product enhancements through continuous measurement and analytics
- Planning sprints, grooming the backlog, and attending daily stand-ups & retros.
- Communicating product updates internally including the creation of documentation, creation of product demos and release notes
- Pro-actively collating feedback from internal stakeholders to ensure seamless feature launches
We are looking for people who:
- Understand the role that a product team plays in delivering great digital experiences
- Can take complex problems and break them down into clear tasks
- Are familiar with agile methodologies and how Scrum team’s work
- Are comfortable working with tools such as Google Analytics
- Can clearly communicate and work as part of a team
- Are pragmatic and comfortable working to deadlines
Nice to haves:
- Has some experience in Product Owner or Product Management
- Feels comfortable creating wireframes and flow charts
- Has a history of capturing and sharing customer insight
- B2B experience in SaaS technologies
About Madgex and Wiley:
In March 2020, Madgex became part of the Wiley group, combining Madgex’s job board expertise with Wiley’s publishing experience. As part of Wiley, Madgex can continue to partner with the world’s most prestigious organisations across publishing, journalism, associations and recruitment, providing the cutting-edge job board technology, continuous innovation and expert support we are known for.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organisations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.