Content Manager (Maternity Cover, Fixed Term Contract)
iCrossing combines the capability of a digital transformation consultancy with the activation expertise of an agency. We help businesses unlock the power of digital, through creativity, content, data, media and technology to deliver real step change.
We recognise that our People are central to delivering on our mission and are passionate about nurturing and developing talent at all levels across the organisation. Discover how iCrossing could be the step change in your career!
What’s expected of you?
At iCrossing we aim to drive both visibility and value through content. The Content Manager sits at the heart of that proposition; turning content strategy into production plans and briefs into engaging content that delights both clients and their audiences. You’ll be the leading content production voice within key accounts, working closely with content strategists and SEO, social and paid media specialists to plan, source, brief, create and edit content.
As an expert communicator, will be able to simplify the complex and ask the right questions; leading clients and colleagues through seamless production journeys and reporting on success.
Hire Type: Maternity cover (Fixed Term Contract) - starting early May for handover
Reports to: Head of Content
Location: 2 days in our Brighton or London office; 3 days remote
People Management: 1 team member
Key aspects of the role:
- Production Lead – on key accounts you’ll take responsibility for creating, editing and orchestrating content production plans through content recommendations and briefs, roadmaps, interviews and production – working with design and distribution leads to deliver high-quality and impactful content. You’ll also create content for the iCrossing brand.
- Mentoring, training and briefing – you’ll line-manage and mentor junior content specialists. You’ll also own content production projects; briefing and editing deliverables internally and sometimes externally (working with freelancers)
- Liaising closely with other areas of iCrossing: Client Services, Project Management, Channel Specialists (SEO, Social, Paid Media)
- Copy and creative audits – you’ll audit product, social and paid media copy and creative to make actionable recommendations to improve the impact of client’s creative and also distil these into internal briefs.
- Scoping support – you’ll help develop proposals and statements of work for new content production projects.
- Creative concepts – you’ll occasionally contribute ideas and develop content to support creative campaigns that aim to attract wide-spread press and social attention
Skills and abilities you’ll need
- Understanding of SEO
- Strong writing, editing and organisational skills
- Able to multi-task across a range of projects, prioritising what is most important
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to extract the right information from the right sources
- An expert communicator and storyteller, both written and verbal
- Able to build collaborative partnerships with internal teams, clients, agency partners and key vendors
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Ability to successfully deliver the iCrossing message and product in any setting
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and accountability
- Ability to challenge in a constructive way, curiosity to find better ways
- Maturity, confidence and perspective to manage unexpected changes
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
We empower our people to create positive change for clients and themselves. We offer iCrossers a long list of benefits, many of which you’ll see everywhere, but here are some of the highlights:
- ‘Flex 10’: reduced ‘core’ working hours, creating flexible hours to suit you
- Remote working, hybrid and office working options: we currently operate on min. 2 days a week office working, other options can be discussed dependent on role
- Offices in great locations; Brighton: our newly redeveloped office is in the Lanes, 2 minutes’ walk from the sea, London: in Leicester Square with restaurants, theatres, film premières and bars on your doorstep, and Cardiff in Tramshed; an exciting, collaborative space in the centre of the city.
- Pension scheme: we match your pension contribution up to 6%
- Healthcare plan and Digicare app with access to professional mental health support, nutritional advice, health screenings and a digital GP
- High quality skills and personal development training provided by iCrossing, our parent organisation Hearst and external facilitators
- Professional financial and pension advice
- Early Finish Fridays on the last Friday of every month
- Study leave of up to 5 days per year
- Charity days: 5 days per year to undertake work on behalf of a charity
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Regular socials and more!
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme. If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know.