Editorial Assistant: Dream Garden
- Eljays 44
- Rustington, West Sussex
- £20,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience
- Editorial / Content
- Contract Type
Eljays44 Ltd is a media, publishing and events business situated in Rustington, West Sussex. We have an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Assistant to join our team, working on our exciting consumer title Dream Garden magazine.
Dream Garden provides inspiration for gardens with wow factor, as well as insight into the latest trends, showcasing hot products on the market and giving the reader invaluable tips on what to expect when working with professional designers and landscapers, including everything from budget chats to who makes the tea.
As the magazine grows in popularity, we are looking to recruit a creative and enthusiastic editorial assistant to assist with daily content creation across digital, print and social media.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing consumer brand and would be well suited to a Journalism (or similar, relevant degree) graduate looking to kickstart their writing career.
- Taking ownership of the digital and social media content. To include regular news and feature uploads to the website and daily social media activity
- Assisting the Head of Content with print editorial, specifically trends and product features
- Attending events and launches as a representative of the brand
- Building relationships with brands and PR representatives to ensure Dream Garden is kept up to date on new products, launches and trends
- Some writing experience, be it for a magazine or blog
- Interest in home interiors and gardens and the ability to embed yourself within the market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an adaptable writing tone
- Experience with a CMS – preferably Wordpress
- Experience with google analytics (preferred but not essential)
- High level of attention to detail
- Desire to work hard and learn on the job
- You must be a team player – we are a small team and sometimes need to help each other out
- Passion and enthusiasm for writing and content creation are key
- Clean and modern working environment based in the centre of Rustington, with local shops, parking facilities and gyms
- Early finish on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas Shutdown (3 days retained from annual leave)
- Pension scheme after qualifying period
- Company away days, incentives and monthly performance meetings
- Flexible working available
Average Working hours: 35hrs (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 17:00, Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
Eljays44 is a trusted media business, known for its landscaping-focused magazines, events, awards and research projects established in 2011. We are very proud of our brands and are committed to continually adding to and improving them whilst building on the excellent industry relationships that we treasure.
Working with and within the landscaping sector over the years has not only been a tremendous learning curve, but a real pleasure. We have learnt so much by continually discussing, debating and working with colleagues and people within the sector, shaping our products to suit the ever-changing needs of the market. We believe that being focused on the markets we serve and understanding what would beneﬁt our readers and visitors most means that our brands continually exceed on people’s expectations.